AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
February 21, 2002
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of a new lens, the AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.
With the modification of other AF Nikkor lenses from S-type to D-type, the entire AF Nikkor lineup is now comprised of D-type and G-type lenses.
This D-type Nikkor lens, like all other Nikkor D- and G-type lenses, relays subject-to-camera distance information to AF Nikon camera bodies. This then makes possible advances like 3D Matrix Metering and 3D Multi-Sensor Balanced Fill-Flash.
The lens delivers superior optical performance thanks to the incorporation of high-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating.
AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Major Features
- D-type 50mm normal lens; 75mm equivalent with D1-series and D100 digital SLR
- High-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers superior color reproduction and minimizes ghost and flare
- Lightweight and compact that fits nicely in users' hands
- New cosmetic design
AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Specifications
|Lens construction||6 elements in 5 groups|
|Picture angle||46° (31°30 with D1-series and D100 digital SLR)|
|Focus distance||0.45 m to infinity|
|Max. reproduction ratio||1/6.6|
|Aperture scale||f/1.8 to f/22|
|Dimensions||Approx. 63.5mm dia. x 39mm (2.5 in. dia. x 1.5 in.)|
|Weight||Approx. 155g (5.5 oz.)|
- Specifications and design are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.