Wireless Remote Speedlight SB-R200
Wireless Speedlight Commander SU-800
November 1, 2005
New additions to Nikon Advanced Wireless Lighting system.
Tokyo — Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the Wireless Remote Speedlight SB-R200, a portable wireless remote flash unit for Nikon Advanced Wireless Lighting system, and the Wireless Speedlight Commander SU-800, a commander to control up to 3 groups of i-TTL compatible wireless flash units.
This Speedlight equipment has been developed to provide a variety of wireless multiple flash and close-up flash operations. The Wireless Speedlight Commander SU-800 controls the flash output levels of the SB-800, SB-600 or new SB-R200 remote Speedlight units when mounted on current Nikon digital SLR cameras that are compatible with Nikon Creative Lighting System. The Wireless Remote Speedlight SB-R200 offers a guide number of 14/46 (ISO 200, m/ft.), and can be attached to the front of the lens via the Attachment Ring SX-1, held in the photographer's hand, or freely positioned by using the Speedlight Stand AS-20, which is supplied with the SB-R200.
SB-R200 and SU-800 are also available as a kit for close-up lighting. Nikon Close-up Speedlight Commander Kit R1C1 consists of a Wireless Speedlight Commander SU-800, two Wireless Remote Speedlight SB-R200s, and an Attachment Ring SX-1, which is used to attach the SB-R200 to the front of the lens. Included with the kit are a variety of accessories to help users enjoy close-up flash shooting, such as the Extreme Close-Up Positioning Adapter SW-11, Color Filter Set SJ-R200, Diffuser SW-12, and Flexible Arm Clip SW-C1. For those who want to use an SB-800 or a built-in Speedlight of D200/D70s/D70 cameras as a commander, there is also the Nikon Close-up Speedlight Remote Kit R1, which comes without the SU-800.
- Note: Specifications, design, product name, standard accessories and release schedule may differ by country or area.
Wireless Remote Speedlight SB-R200 Major Features
- Supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System
- Functions only as a remote Speedlight unit
- Supports i-TTL (for automatic balanced Fill-Flash), D-TTL, TTL, Manual
- Accurate i-TTL flash control achieved through flash exposure monitoring control
- Guide Number of 10/33 [ISO100, m/ft], 14/46 [ISO200, m/ft]
- Advanced Wireless Lighting available
- Auto FP High-Speed Sync; use with fast shutter speeds achieves effective blurring of out-of-focus background elements
- FV lock holds flash value, enabling recomposition prior to shooting
- Speedlight stand AS-20 (supplied)
- Soft Case SS-R200 (supplied)
- Color Filter Set SJ-R200 (supplied)
- Color Filter Holder SZ-1 (supplied)
- Note: The SB-R200 cannot be attached to the camera’s accessory shoe.
Wireless Speedlight Commander SU-800 Major Features
- When using i-TTL compatible Nikon digital SLR cameras and Speedlight, user can divide the Speedlight units into three groups and control the flash output independently for each group
- Features a Commander function that can trigger wireless remote flash (SB-800, SB-600, or SB-R200) units without a master flash unit.
- One-touch switching between close-up and Commander modes
- Easy-to-use close-up flash operations. Two types of operations: Dual-light close-up flash and Triple-light close-up flash
- Easy-to-view LCD panel
- Compact and lightweight
- Soft Case SS-SU800 (supplied)
- When using the SU-800 with cameras not compatible with i-TTL flash control, only close-up flash operation (using cords) is possible in use with the optional TTL Cord SC-30.
Contents of Nikon Close-up Speedlight Kit
Two types of kits are available: Nikon Close-up Speedlight Commander Kit R1C1 and Nikon Close-up Speedlight Remote Kit R1 (SU-800 is not included).
- Wireless Speedlight Commander SU-800 set (one set; not included in the R1 kit)
The set includes the SU-800 and Soft Case SS-SU800.
- Wireless Remote Speedlight SB-R200 set (two sets)
Each set includes the SB-R200, Speedlight stand AS-20, Soft Case SS-R200, Filter Set SJ-R200, and Color Filter Holder SZ-1
- Attachment Ring SX-1
Enables SB-R200(s) to be attached to the lens front to create close-up lighting. It also accepts up to eight SB-R200s and can be attached to a tripod for remote lighting.
- IR Panel for Built-in Flash SG-3IR
Enables Commander function by built-in flash of the Nikon D200/D70s/D70 cameras.
- Adapter Ring Set
Enables SX-1 to be attached to lenses with various filter attachment size (5 kinds: ø52mm, ø62mm, ø67mm, ø72mm, and ø77mm).
- Extreme Close-Up Positioning Adapter SW-11 (x2)
Curves the SB-R200's flash light toward the optical axis to create lighting effects when taking extreme close-up shots.
- Diffuser SW-12
Creates soft lighting
- Flexible Arm Clip SW-C1
Used to fix Diffuser SW-12 to the Attachment Ring SX-1. Can be used to fix other photographic equipment.
- Close-up Speedlight Kit Case SS-MS1
Holds all the accessories plus an extra SB-R200.
Wireless Remote Speedlight SB-R200 Specifications
|Electronic construction||Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry (for wireless remote flash only)|
|Guide number||10/33 (ISO 100, m/ft), 14/46 (ISO 200, m/ft)|
|Angle of coverage||Covering light distribution of 24mm lens; 60° (vertical) and 78° (horizontal)|
|Flash mode||i-TTL, D-TTL, TTL (film-based cameras); M (manual)|
|Recycling time||Approx. 6 seconds or less|
|Number of flashes||Approx. 290 times|
|Bounce capability||Flash head tilts down (toward the optical axis) to 60° with click stops at every 15°, or up to 45° (in the opposite direction) with click stops at every 15°.|
|Flash duration||Approx. 600µs|
|Mounting foot||Dedicated shoe for Attachment Ring SX-1 or Speedlight Stand AS-20|
|Target light||White LED|
|Power source||One CR123A (3V) lithium battery|
|Weight (without battery)||Approx. 120g (4.2 oz.)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 80 x 75 x 55mm (3.1 x 3.0 x2.2 in.)|
|Included accessories||Speedlight Stand (AS-20), Soft Case (SS-R200), Color Filter Set (SJ-R200), Color Filter Holder (SZ-1)|
|Optional accessory||Color Filter Set (SJ-2)
Adapter Ring (UR-5)*
- *With an AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D lens, attach the Attachment Ring SX-1 to the lens using the Adapter Ring UR-5 and Adapter Ring SY-1-72.
Wireless Speedlight Commander SU-800 Specifications
|Transmission mode||Infrared-pulse emitting communication using a flash discharge tube|
|Transmission range||Approx. 20m (66 ft.) for SB-800/SB-600; Approx 4m (13 ft.) for SB-R200 at normal settings|
|Number of channels||4|
|Number of groups||3|
|Number of transmissions per battery||Approx. 1200|
|Transmission interval||Approx. 1 second|
|Flash light wavelength||Approx. 800 to 1000nm (infrared ray)|
|Flash coverage||Approx. 60°|
|AF-Assist Illuminator||Approx. 10m (33 ft.) at center area using a 50mm f/1.8 lens|
|Power source||One CR123A (3V) lithium battery|
|Weight (without battery)||Approx. 160g (5.6 oz.)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 68 x 96 x 58mm (2.7 x 3.8 x2.3 in.)|
|Included accessories||Soft Case (SS-SU800)|
|Optional accessory||TTL Cord (SC-30)|
- *All specifications apply when fresh batteries are used at normal temperature (20°C/68°F).
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. November 2005
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.