Notice Concerning Completion of Acquisition of Own Shares
May 23, 2008
(Acquisition of Own Shares Based on the Articles of Incorporation pursuant to paragraph 2, Article 165, of the Corporation Law of Japan)
NIKON CORPORATION hereby announces that it has executed and completed acquisition of its own shares, under Article 156, as applied pursuant to paragraph 3, Article 165, of the Corporation Law and resolved at the meeting of its Board of Directors on May 12, 2008, as follows.
- 1.Type of shares acquired: Common Stock
- 2.Total number of shares acquired: 3,713,000 shares
- 3.Total cost of acquisition: 11,997,760,000 yen
- 4.Period of acquisition: From May 13, 2008 through May 21, 2008
Resolution at the meeting of its Board of Directors on May 12, 2008
- 1)Type of shares to be acquired: Common stock
- 2)Total number of shares to be acquired: Up to 4.0 million shares
(Equivalent to 1.0% of outstanding shares (excluding treasury stock))
- 3)Total cost of acquisition: Up to 12 billion yen
- 4)Period of acquisition: From May 13, 2008 to June 30, 2008
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.