AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
February 9, 2009
Nikon's first DX-format 35mm single-focal-length lens
TOKYO –Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the DX-format 35mm single-focal-length lens AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G, which offers a picture angle equivalent to a focal length of 52.5mm in FX and 35mm formats.
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G features a large maximum aperture of f/1.8 enabling effortless handheld shooting in dark settings, such as a dimly lit room. This lens makes it easy to create large, beautiful blur effects. And the built-in Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures fast, quiet autofocus, even with SLR models that do not have a built-in motor, such as the D40 series and D60.
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G is the first single-focal-length lens with a normal picture angle developed exclusively for Nikon's DX format. It is a compact, lightweight model that achieves the high reproduction performance unique to single-focal-length lenses at an affordable price. This lens is most suitable for natural portrait and landscape shooting.
- Note: Although DX NIKKOR lenses can be attached to 35mm film and APS cameras, they cannot actually be used with them due to their small image circle. When the lens is mounted on a Nikon FX-format digital SLR, with the image area in the shooting menu set to Auto DX crop (default), DX crop is selected automatically.
AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Major Features
- DX-format, normal single-focal-length lens with 35mm focal length (picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 52.5mm in FX and 35mm formats)
- Large maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth AF operation
- High-performance optical system with aspherical lens delivers superior reproduction capability
- Compact, well-balanced design when attached to small SLRs
- Two focus modes available – M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Metal mount
- Natural blur effect thanks to seven-blade rounded diaphragm
AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Specifications
|Lens construction||8 elements in 6 groups (with one aspherical lens)|
|Closest focus distance||0.3 m/0.98 ft.|
|No. of diaphragm blades||7 (rounded)|
|Filter attachment size||52mm|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approx. 70 x 52.5 mm/2.8 x 2.1 in.|
|Weight||Approx. 200 g/7 oz.|
|Supplied accessories||52mm snap-on front lens cap LC-52, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-46, Flexible lens pouch CL-0913|
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. February 2009
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.