AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II and AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III
December 10, 2009
A fast telephoto lens offering built-in Vibration Reduction (VR II), and the world's first telephoto converter to utilize an aspherical lens element, extending focal length by 2x, both compatible with the FX format
TOKYO — Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of two new lens products, compatible with the FX format. The fast telephoto AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II lens is equipped with vibration reduction (VR II) that reduces the effects of camera shake equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops. The AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III, is the world's first teleconverter* to utilize an aspherical lens element.
Nikon's development of the FX-format D3-series and D700 digital-SLR cameras has received tremendous support from professional and advanced amateur photographers. Nikon is expanding NIKKOR lens and accessory lineups by releasing new, high-performance products compatible with the FX format, allowing us to cater to the more advanced demands of users.
- *As of December 10, 2009 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation).
AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II primary features
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately 4 stops
- The addition of A/M (autofocus with manual override; AF priority) focus mode prevents accidental switching from autofocus to manual focus. Along with M/A (autofocus with manual override; manual priority) mode, which enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while autofocus is operating and M (manual) mode, this makes for a total of three focus modes.
- The lens optics and Nano Crystal Coat so well received with previous lenses have been adopted without modification
AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II primary specifications
|Lens construction||11 elements in 8 groups (3 ED glass elements, Nano Crystal Coat)
1 protective glass element
|Angle of view||8°10’ (5°20’ with Nikon DX format)|
|Closest focusing distance||Autofocus: 2.3 m
Manual focus: 2.2 m
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded)|
|Focusing||Autofocus utilizing an internal Silent Wave Motor Manual focus possible|
|Filter/attachment size||52 mm|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approximately 124 (dia.) x 267.5 mm (extension from the camera's lens-mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 2,900 g|
|Supplied accessories||Slip-on front lens cap, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Lens Hood HK-30, Semi-soft Case CL-L1, Dedicated filter holder, 52mm Screw-on NC Filter, Strap LN-1|
AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III primary features
- An FX-format compatible teleconverter that extends the focal length of the primary lens by 2X*
- The world's first teleconverter to utilize an aspherical lens element
- A new optical design that offers superior contrast and resolution
- Utilization of an aspherical lens element enabled a more compact and lightweight teleconverter
- *Using this teleconverter with a lens decreases the effective aperture by two stops.
AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III primary specifications
|Reproduction ratio||2X that of the primary lens|
|Lens construction||7 elements in 5 groups (1 aspherical lens element)|
|Dimensions||Approximately 66 (dia.) X 48 mm (extension from the camera's lens-mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 330 g|
|Supplied accessories||Teleconverter Cap BF-3A, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-0715|
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.