AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED
February 9, 2010
A high-performance, fast, wide-angle fixed focal-length lens compatible with the FX format utilizing Nano Crystal Coat and equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED. This is a high-performance lens compatible with the FX format. With a focal length of 24mm, it offers excellent rendering with a fast maximum aperture of f/1.4.
The latest fixed focal-length lens compatible with the FX format, the AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED is an wide-angle lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.4. It offers superior optical performance through exclusive Nikon technologies such as the application of Nano Crystal Coat and construction that includes ED and aspherical lens elements. When the lens is used with an FX-format digital-SLR camera, images that make the most of the fast aperture with large and pleasing blur characteristics can be captured for photos with dynamic perspective.
Nikon's development of the FX format, currently consisting of D3-series and D700 digital-SLR cameras, has received tremendous support from professional and advanced amateur photographers. We intend to expand and strengthen the NIKKOR lineup with the steady release of new, high-performance lenses compatible with the FX format.
AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED Primary Features
- A fast, wide-angle 24mm fixed focal-length lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.4
- This lens is perfect for capturing scenes such as architecture, landscapes and narrow indoor spaces with incredible perspective at the wide-angle focal length of 24mm. As an wide-angle lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.4, it offers superior optical performance demonstrated not only with handheld shooting under dim indoor lighting, but with large blur characteristics that make the most of this fast lens in images that exhibit dynamic perspective.
- Constructed with two ED and two aspherical lens elements
- A new optical design achieves an excellent balance between high resolution and aberration.
- Nano Crystal Coat significantly reduces ghost and flare
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Offers two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED specifications
|Focal length||24 mm|
|Lens construction||12 elements in 10 groups (with two ED glass and two aspherical lens elements, and Nano Crystal Coat)|
|Angle of view||84° (61° for Nikon DX format)|
|Minimum focus distance||0.25 m|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 pcs. (rounded)|
|Diameter x length||Approximately 83(dia) x 88.5 mm (extension from the camera's lens-mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 620 g|
|Supplied accessories||77mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Bayonet Hood HB-51, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1118|
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.