Nikon Introduces 56mm models of MONARCH 5 Binoculars
July 9, 2013
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of three new 56mm-diameter models of its popular MONARCH 5 series binoculars. This follows the launch in May 2013 of models with a 42mm-diameter objective.
The new binoculars come in three configurations: 8x56, 16x56 and 20x56. They all achieve bright images even in dark conditions and even at the low magnification of 8x. The 16x and 20x models also provide a wide field of view so the user can easily spot a subject from a long distance.
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass is used in all models to minimise chromatic aberrations. Brighter images and more natural colours are ensured by the employment of a dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating. These and other features make the new models ideal for professionals engaged in nature observation and protection. Birdwatchers will love them, too.
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for chromatic aberration compensation and clearer viewing
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating ensures superior transmittance uniformity across the visible range resulting in bright images and more natural colours
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for bright images
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Close focusing distance: 7.0m (8x56), 5.0m (16x56/20x56)
- Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are used for all lenses and prisms
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Lightweight body uses fibreglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Flip-down objective lens cap
- Tripod adaptor is a supplied accessory for 16x56 and 20x56 models
|MONARCH 5 8x56||MONARCH 5 16x56||MONARCH 5 20x56|
|Objective diameter (mm)||56||56||56|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||6.2||4.1||3.3|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)||46.9||59.6||59.9|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||108||72||58|
|Exit pupil (mm)||7.0||3.5||2.8|
|Eye relief (mm)||20.5||16.4||16.4|
|Close focusing distance (m)||7.0||5.0||5.0|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment (mm)||60-72||60-72||60-72|
- Apparent field of view is calculated based on the ISO14132-1:2002 standard.
tan ω' = Γ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω', Real field of view: 2ω, Magnification: Γ
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.