Fieldscope Digital SLR Camera Attachment FSA-L1
Transform your Fieldscope into a 1,200mm* or 1,500mm* super-telephoto lens for Nikon digital SLR cameras and take spectacular closeup images.
- *35mm-format equivalent
Dimensions (without cap and screw): ø62 x 143mm
Weight: Approx. 320g
- Allows use of the camera's Centre-Weighted and Spot metering systems
- Matrix metering can be used with Nikon D2 series
- Allows use of the camera's Aperture-Priority Auto and Manual exposure modes
- Attaches directly to the Fieldscope and the F mount on a Nikon Digital SLR camera.
- Because the optical system has different characteristics from ordinary interchangeable lenses, when the FSA-L1 and Fieldscope are used for shooting with an SLR camera, exposure may vary with the camera model. With a digital SLR camera, confirm the exposure indication in the external LCD and use exposure compensation if necessary.
- Camera's autofocusing mode cannot be used. Perform focusing using the Fieldscope focusing ring.
Compatible Nikon Digital SLR cameras:
(as of July, 2014)
D4 series, D3 series, D2 series, D1 series*, Df, D810, D800 series, D700, D610, D600, D300 series, D200, D100, D7100, D7000, D90, D80, D70 series, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, D3100, D3000, D60, D50, D40 series digital SLR camera
- *Only with FSA-L1.
About film SLR cameras:
Usable models: F6, F5, F100, F65, F55, FM10, FE10
- With F80, F75, FM3A, user must determine the exposure; Nikon does not recommend using these models.
- With any of the above models, slight vignetting may occur at the periphery of the image.
Compatible Fieldscope models:
Fieldscope ED82/Fieldscope ED82 A
Fieldscope III/Fieldscope III A
Fieldscope EDIII/Fieldscope EDIII A
- We strongly recommend using an ED-type model, which employs ED glass to minimize chromatic aberration and keep images sharp.
- ED78 series, II series and I series can also be used (I series can be used only with 24x/30x Wide MC and Fieldscope Digital SLR Camera Attachment FSA-L1).
- We do not recommend connecting the FSA-L1 with the Fieldscope ED50/50 A because this combination may be physically imbalanced in actual use and could compromise product integrity.
F-number and focal length in combination with Fieldscope and digital SLR camera
|Fieldscope||Selector settings*1||F-number||Focal length (35mm equivalent focal length)*2|
|ED82/ED82 A||A||13||1,000 (1,500) mm|
|III/III A/II series/I||B||800 (1,200) mm|
|EDIII/EDIII A/EDII series/ED||C||800 (1,200) mm|
|ED78/ED78 A||D||1,000 (1,500) mm|
- *1Depending on the Fieldscope model used, by setting the selector on the body of the FSA-L1, F-number and focal length data will be transmitted to the camera.
- *2The picture angle of 35mm-format SLR cameras differs from that of digital SLR cameras due to the difference in the size of captured images. 35mm equivalent focal length is 1.5x (2x for High-Speed Cropped Image of the D2X) of the focal length of the lens used.