Digital Camera Bracket FSB-U1 (universal type for COOLPIX Series)
Universal digital camera bracket FSB-U1 connects a wide variety of Nikon COOLPIX* compact digital cameras to Nikon Fieldscopes and Fieldmicroscope EZ-Micro.
- *See below for compatible models.
Dimensions (without screw): 155 (W) x 105 (H) x 95 (D) mm
Weight (without cable release): 340g
- Universal digital camera bracket for digiscoping — connects a wide variety of Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras to Nikon Fieldscopes and Fieldmicroscope EZ-Micro
- Enables easy switching between observation and digiscoping without removing the digital camera
- *If the bracket is used to combine the Spotting Scope RAIII and DS Spotting Scope Eyepiece 20x/25x, only the shooting (closed) position should be used
- Comes with cable release (approx. 50cm), which helps prevent camera shake during shooting
Compatible Digital Cameras (COOLPIX) (as of October, 2011)
P series (P6000*1/P5100/P5000/P300/P50/P4/P3/P2/P1)
S series (S5100*2/S4100/S4000*3/S3100/S2500/S3000*3/S710/S700/S640*4/S620/S610/S610c/S600/
L series (L23/L22/L21/L20/L19/L18/L16/L15/L14/L12/L11/L10/L6/L4/L3/L2)
[Compatible COOLPIX Digital Cameras for PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscopes 82/82-A/60/60-A: COOLPIX Cameras sold prior to February 2011 have not been tested.]
- *1The combination of the COOLPIX P6000, FSB-U1 and EZ-Micro is not recommended in terms of the weight balance.
- *2Cannot be used with EDG Fieldscope Eyepiece FEP-25 LER because of the vignetting.
- *3Attaching a DS Spotting Scope zoom eyepiece to the COOLPIX S4000/S3000 is not recommended because of possible contact of the camera lens with the eyepiece lens.
- *4Only with EDG Fieldscope eyepieces. Attaching DS eyepieces to the S640 is not recommended because of vignetting.
- Vignetting may occur even with compatible models; occurrence of vignetting also depends on the subject and other shooting conditions
- Camera position may become misaligned during camera operation or replacement of batteries or recording media; adjust the camera if necessary before releasing the shutter (Removing the camera is necessary when replacing batteries or recording media.)
- If you notice external light on the monitor or picture image, we recommend that you use a shield such as a black cloth to prevent light entering between the mount and lens of the camera
- Conventional MC eyepieces cannot be used; please use DS eyepieces for connection with the FSB-U1
Composite F-number and composite focal length in combination with COOLPIX digital camera
- Although the theoretical F-number obtained using the calculation above exceeds the camera's F-number, the actual F-number will not.
Occurrence of vignetting, based on the combination of eyepiece and COOLPIX digital camera (guidelines)
|Example) when using S3100, L23|
|16x/24x/30x Wide DS||Χ||Ο||Δ||Χ||Ο||Δ|
|27x/40x/50x Wide DS||Χ||Ο||Δ||Χ||Ο||Δ|
|40x/60x/75x Wide DS||Χ||Δ||Ο||Χ||Ο||Δ|
W: With wide setting M: With middle setting T: With telephoto setting
Ο: Slight vignetting ∆: Vignetting X: Heavy vignetting at the periphery
- Depending on the type of camera, its position, or zoom setting, vignetting may occur. If vignetting does occur, carefully adjust the bracket position.
- When a digital camera lens is used at wide setting, take care that the camera lens does not hit the eyepiece lens when zooming to telephoto setting.
- Because it may be difficult to focus when using the camera's AF function with super-telephoto shooting, we recommend that you take a series of pictures of the same subject.