Digital Camera Bracket FSB-7 (exclusively for COOLPIX S5100)
Dimensions (without screw): 90 (W) x 80 (H) x 70 (D)mm
Weight (without cable release): 120g
This bracket enables you to connect a Nikon EDG eyepiece (excludes FEP-20-60 and FEP-25LER), Fieldscope DS eyepiece or EZ-Micro to the COOLPIX S5100.
- Exclusive use with Nikon Coolpix S5100
- Easy attachment to camera
- Mounts using fastening screw in the camera's tripod socket
- Camera battery can be changed even with bracket attached to the camera
- Comes with FSB Cable Release-1 (length: 50cm) and non-skid pad
Composite F-number and composite focal length in combination with COOLPIX digital camera
- Calculation of composite focal length
- Composite focal length = magnification of eyepiece x 35mm equivalent focal length of COOLPIX digital camera
- Calculation of composite F-number (theoretical value)
- Composite F-number = magnification of eyepiece x focal length of COOLPIX digital camera ÷ objective diameter of Fieldscope
- Although the theoretical F-number obtained using the above calculation exceeds the camera's F-number, the actual F-number will not.
Occurrence of vignetting, based on the combination of eyepiece, FSB-7 and COOLPIX S5100 (guidelines)
|Fieldscopes||16x/24x/30x Wide DS||Χ||Ο||Δ|
|27x/40x/50x Wide DS||Χ||Ο||Ο|
|40x/60x/75x Wide DS||Χ||Ο||Ο|
- *Attaching the FEP-25LER is not recommended because of the vignetting.
- *FEP-20-60 cannot be attached because of its structural design.
W: With wide setting M: With middle setting T: With telephoto setting
Ο: Slight vignetting ∆: Vignetting X: Heavy vignetting at the periphery
- Because it may be difficult to focus when using the camera's AF function with super-telephoto shooting, we recommend that you take a series of pictures of the same subject.