Efforts for Security Export Control
Japan and other major countries conclude international treaties and establish international frameworks (export control regime) to maintain international peace and security. Nikon implements export control in cooperation with the international community.
The Nikon Group is committed to security export control, not only for the sake of compliance with laws and regulations, but also for the purpose of maintaining international peace and security.
Nikon Corporation and the Group companies in Japan have established internal compliance program on export control with the following basic policy on security export control. Our Group companies outside Japan comply with the relevant country's laws and regulations on export control.
- 1.For the export of controlled goods, the provision of controlled technologies, the brokerage of goods and the brokerage of technology, we shall not engage in any conduct that violates the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act or any laws, regulations, ordinances or official notices based on this Act (hereinafter referred to as "Foreign Exchange Laws, etc.").
- 2.For the purpose of complying with Foreign Exchange Laws, etc. and conducting appropriate export control, we shall designate a person responsible for security export control, and we shall develop and enhance our systems for export control.
Framework for Security Export Control
- Technical experts internally entrusted with duties determine whether the goods fall under controlled goods (classification).
- Even if the goods are not controlled goods by law, we verify that the goods will not be used for the development of weapons of mass destruction or conventional weapons.
- We apply for approval in cases that approval by the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry is necessary, following the necessary internal procedures for export.
Classification Result Sheet
We issue "classification result sheets" upon request from customers. For requests, please contact relevant business division or group company.
Utilization of AEO Program*
In 2007, Nikon was certified as an AEO exporter under the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) Program.
Through this certification, Nikon is able to ensure security in international trade while facilitating international trade operations.
- *Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) Program
It is a program under which customs authorities in individual countries approve those operators equipped with cargo security management and compliance systems to facilitate and simplify their customs procedures. The World Customs Organization (WCO) adopted an international framework of standards to secure and facilitate global trade ("SAFE framework") that prescribes guidelines for introduction and construction of the program.