Nikon Introduces MONARCH HG Binoculars
July 14, 2016
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of MONARCH HG binoculars 8x42 and 10x42. These are the most advanced models in the history of MONARCH binoculars, which are Nikon's representative binoculars that have garnered an excellent reputation around the world.
MONARCH HG binoculars are made in Japan, feature an innovated exterior and deliver the finest performance among MONARCH models. That's because of the wide apparent field of view (60.3° for the 8x42 and 62.2° for the 10x42) that provides spectacular viewing. While achieving a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery. The use of extra-low dispersion (ED) glass, moreover, corrects chromatic aberration that causes colour fringing, thus also realising a contrast-rich and high-resolution image.
A high-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms. Dielectric high-reflective multilayer coating and phase correction coating are applied to the roof prisms. All this combines to achieve a bright view with light transmittance of up to 92% or higher, plus natural colour fidelity.
The compact body is made of magnesium alloy and offers waterproof/fogproof performance (up to 5m/16.4 ft. for 10 min.) with nitrogen gas. This higher level of performance prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000m/16,404 ft. equivalent.
Nikon MONARCH HG binoculars are ideal for bird- or nature-watching, stargazing and many other kinds of outdoor activities.
- Wide apparent field of view (60.3° for 8x42 and 62.2° for 10x42). While realising a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery.
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberration that causes colour fringing and realises a contrast-rich and high-resolution image
- High-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms while dielectric high-reflective multilayer coating is applied to the roof prisms, achieving a bright view of up to 92% or higher light transmittance, and natural colour fidelity
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution and contrast
- Scratch-resistant coating is applied on the objective lens and eyepiece surfaces
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Lead- and arsenic-free glass is used for all lenses and prisms
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Dioptre adjustment ring locking system prevents unintentional rotation
- Sturdy, lightweight magnesium alloy body
- Superior waterproof/fogproof performance with a nitrogen-filled body that resists water pressure to a depth of up to 5m/16.4 ft. for 10 minutes and prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000m/16,404 ft. equivalent
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Objective lens caps are integrated to prevent loss
- Optional tripod adapter enables attachment to a tripod [TRA-3/Adaptor H (hard type)]
|MONARCH HG 8x42||MONARCH HG 10x42|
|Objective diameter (mm)||42||42|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||8.3||6.9|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)||60.3||62.2|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||145||121|
|Field of view at 1,000yd. (ft.)||435||362|
|Exit pupil (mm)||5.3||4.2|
|Eye relief (mm)||17.8||17.0|
|Close focusing distance (m/ft.)||2.0/6.6||2.0/6.6|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment (mm/in.)||56-74/2.2-2.9||56-74/2.2-2.9|
- Note : Apparent field of view is calculated based on the ISO14132-1:2002 standard.
tan ω' = Γ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω', Real field of view: 2ω, Magnification: Γ
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.