Nikon releases the AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
May 31, 2017
Enjoy the world of ultra-wide angles and superior image quality with the DX format
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR, an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR can easily be taken anywhere and allows users to readily enjoy full-scale ultra-wide-angle photography when used with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras. Adoption of three aspherical lens elements with the latest optical design has achieved a lens that offers the superior optical performance that makes excellent image quality possible, all in a compact and lightweight package. Furthermore, features including an effective vibration reduction (VR) function, quiet AF drive, smooth manual focusing, and superior close-up performance support users by enabling agile shooting with DX-format cameras.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR responds to the passion of photographers who are intent on expressing the magnificence of a landscape with wide angles or wish to capture photos from unique angles with the ultimate in image quality and agility.
- Support for the 10-20mm*1 range of focal lengths, which allows users to enjoy full-scale ultra-wide-angle photography
- A compact and lightweight lens that can easily be taken anywhere
- Adoption of three aspherical lens elements with the latest optical design achieves superior rendering performance
- A vibration reduction (VR) function that effectively reduces image blur caused by camera shake to a degree equivalent to a 3.5-stop increase in shutter speed (testing based on CIPA standards)*2
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) enables even quieter AF drive operation, making it also ideal for movie recording
- A focus ring that rotates smoothly for good operational feel with manual focusing
- A maximum reproduction ratio of 0.17x and a minimum focus distance of 0.22 m (0.8 ft) enable extremely close-up shooting for bold and magnificent expression of the intended subject
- *1Angle of view equivalent to that of a 15-30mm lens in 35mm  format.
- *2At the maximum telephoto position when a digital SLR camera equipped with an APS-C size image sensor is used.
- *Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.