Walk-around scanning in large work volumes
K-Scan MMD is a handheld walk-around laser scanner for portable metrology applications in a large work volume. Continuous and precise probe tracking through the system's Optical CMM and 20 infrared markers integrated into the laser scanner device eliminate all mechanical constraints for effortless scanning.
Accurate performance and superior ergonomics make K-Scan MMD a user-friendly handheld scanning solution. K-Scan MMD is the ideal tool for accurate part-to-CAD inspection and productive reverse engineering of large components. Dynamic referencing guarantees consistent measurement results even when the camera or the measurement object moves during scanning.
- Measuring volume of 17m3 expandable by adding more cameras
- Stripe width between 50 to 200mm (depending on the selected scanner type)
- Scanning up to 80,000 measurement points per second
- Lightweight carbon fiber probe design
- Dynamic referencing to measure instable or moving parts
- SpaceProbe available for tactile measurements
- Full surface and feature inspection of larger parts
- Flush & gap inspection
- On-site troubleshooting
- Solving assembly problems
- Measure anywhere
- Effortless handling through probe tracking and ergonomic design
- High scanning throughput and superior accuracy
- Multi-camera setup enlarges work volume to capture complete car or truck
- K-Series Optical CMM
- Focus point cloud processing software
K-Series Optical CMM
Through triangulation, K-Series' linear CCD cameras dynamically measure the position of infrared markers integrated into the ergonomic handheld ModelMaker laser scanner or SpaceProbe device.