Important Notice to users of Digital Microscope COOLSCOPE II
January 23, 2008
Thank you for choosing Nikon Microscopes.
Nikon has recently discovered that COOLSCOPE II create image files dated wrong when they are captured in February of leap year.
Details of this problem
When you capture images on COOLSCOPE II during February 1-29 of leap year(*1), image files are dated wrong as follows.
Image file captured on February 1: It is not dated, or dated totally different.
Image file captured on February 2-29: The date attached with the fils is one day before.
When folders are created on COOLSCOPE II during February 1-29 of leap year, the same problem will occur.
The problem is limited to the date and not with image files themselves.
*1: The upcoming leap year is 2008.
*2: If the date and time setting of your products is not correct, the same problem will occur during February 1-29 based on your time setting.
Procedures to fix this problem
The problem can be solved by firmware upgrading (COOLSCOPE II Ver5.20).
If you use old version firmware, please contact your nearest Nikon representative or our customer service center shown below for further details.
Nikon regrets any inconvenience this matter may cause and we appreciate your continued support of our products.
Products subject to replacement:
For more information, please contact Nikon or Local Nikon Sales Representative:
In the Americas
- Nikon Instruments INC.
- 1300 Walt Whitman Road, Melville, NY 11747-3064, U.S.A.
Tel: +1-631-547-8500 Fax: +1-631-547-0306
- Nikon Instruments Europe B.V.
- Laan van Kronenburg 2,1183 As Amstelveen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-20-44-96-222 Fax: +31-20-44-96-298
- Nikon Instruments (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- 26F, Hang Seng Bank Tower, No.1000 Lujiazui Ring Road,
Pudong New District, Shanghai 200120, China
Beijing Branch TEL: +86-10-5869-2255 FAX: +86-10-5869-2277
Guangzhou Branch TEL: +86-20-3882-0552 FAX: +86-20-3882-0580
- Nikon Instruments Korea Co., Ltd.
- 1F, Yuk-In B/D, 996-16, Daechi-2Dong,
Kangnam-Ku, Seoul, South Korea 135-502
TEL: +82-2-2186-8400 FAX: +82-2-555-4415
In Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, India
- Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- 80 Anson Road, #10-01/02
Fuji Xerox Towers
Singapore 079907, Singapore
TEL: +65-6559-3618 FAX: +65-6559-3668
Other Asian Countries, Middle-East, Oceania, etc.
- NIKON CORPORATION
Marketing Department, Microscope Solutions Business Unit
- Shinagawa Intercity Tower C, 2-15-3, Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-6290 Japan
Tel: +81-3-6433-3705 FAX:+81-3-6433-3785
- Bio Science CS Engineering Section Quality Assurance Department, Instruments Company
- Tel: +81-45-853-8524 9:00am - 5:00pm weekdays (JST)
For out-of-hours support, contact us by e-mail.
- *Organization name of Nikon Corporation was revised on May 22, 2009.
- *Sales Dept., Bio Science Division, Industrial Instruments Company moved office on May 6, 2010.
- *Nikon Instruments (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. moved office on July 12, 2010.