NIKON PRIVACY MANAGEMENT
Last Updated: December 24th, 2021
California Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“California Personal Information”). We obtain California Personal Information from a variety of sources. In particular, we have collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months.
Swipe horizontally to view full table.
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
This category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, including repair history, questionnaires given at the time of purchase, customer satisfaction surveys, and customer's inquiry history.|
|E. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|F. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.|
|G. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
|H. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
|I. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profiles reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Please note California Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregate consumer information, and personal information protected by certain other sector-specific federal or California statutes.
Categories of Sources of California Personal Information
Within the last 12 months we have obtained California Personal Information from following sources:
- (1)Yourself, with respect to both online and offline interactions you may have with us or our service providers;
- (2)Other entities with whom you transact;
- (3)Others with whom you maintain relationships who may deal with us on your behalf;
- (4)The devices you use to access our websites, mobile applications, and online services;
- (5)Marketing and analytics providers; and
- (6)Social media platforms.
Our Use of California Personal Information
We use the California Personal Information we collect for business purposes as defined by the CCPA. For example, we use California Personal Information primarily for the following purposes:
- (1)To provide products or services requested by the customer, including product sales, repair and inspection, after-sales service, and catalogue distribution (California Personal Information includes such information as necessary to understand the requirements of the customer, including customers' purchase history and repair history);
- (2)To enable response to customer requests such as customer inquiry history, including through the collection of customer inquiries for the purpose of improving our responsiveness;
- (3)As a reference to determine customer requirements for products, planning, development, advertisement, sales, and service activities of the Nikon Group. This personal information will include answers to questionnaires given at the time of purchase, the customer satisfaction survey, and the customer's inquiry;
- (4)To offer product information, company information, service information, and other related information of the Nikon Group, e.g. the sending of a catalogue, new product information, books, magazines or a mail magazine;
- (5)To notify a prizewinner or send a prize, or for the purpose of other communications with the person in question;
- (6)To verify participants in exhibitions and seminars and to correspond with them after the event;
- (7)To develop and maintain relationships with business partners and related entities;
- (8)As a reference in the recruitment of an individual where the personal information is provided by an inquirer or an applicant to the Nikon Group;
- (9)To send necessary documentation to shareholders including notification of the general shareholders' meeting, and to administer dividend payments or other actions as required by the laws and regulations; and
- (10)To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Sharing of California Personal Information
A. Disclosure of California Personal Information for Business Purposes
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of California Personal Information to the following categories of third party for our business purposes.
Swipe horizontally to view full table.
|California Personal Information Category||Third party category|
|A. Identifiers.||The Nikon Group, internet service providers, attorney, financial institution, suppliers, distributors, logistics service providers, maintenance service providers, repair service providers, government entities, other business partner (including suppliers, service providers and subcontractors).|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||The Nikon Group, internet service providers, attorney, financial institution, suppliers, distributors, logistics service providers, maintenance service providers, repair service providers, government entities, other business partner (including suppliers, service providers and subcontractors).|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||The Nikon Group, internet service providers, attorney, financial institution, government entities, other business partner (including suppliers, service providers and subcontractors).|
|D. Commercial information.||The Nikon Group, attorney, maintenance service providers, repair service providers, other business partner (including suppliers, service providers and subcontractors).|
|E. Internet or other similar network activity.||The Nikon Group, other business partner (including suppliers, service providers and subcontractors).|
|F. Geolocation data.||The Nikon Group, logistics service providers, repair service providers, government entities, other business partner (including suppliers, service providers and subcontractors).|
|G. Sensory data.||The Nikon Group, other business partner (including suppliers, service providers and subcontractors).|
|H. Professional or employment-related information.||The Nikon Group, other business partner (including suppliers, service providers and subcontractors).|
|I. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||The Nikon Group, other business partner (including suppliers, service providers and subcontractors).|
B. Sale of California Personal Information
Within the last 12 months, within the meaning of the CCPA, we do not sell or otherwise disclose California Personal Information to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
California Rights and Choices
You have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise provided by applicable law. We endeavor to respond to your request promptly upon verification and as required by applicable law.
A. Right to Know/Portability.
You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- The categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
B. Right to Delete.
You have the right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you which we have collected from you. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
C. Right to Opt Out and Right to Opt In.
- If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to opt-out for sales of California Personal Information. Please note that we do not sell your California Personal Information, and therefore we do not support opt-out requests of a sale of California Personal Information.
- If you are under 16 years of age, you have the right to opt-in for sales of California Personal Information. Please note that we do not sell California Personal Information of consumers we actually know are under 16 years of age, and therefore we do not support opt-in requests of a sale of California Personal Information for consumers under 16 years of age.
D. How to Submit a Request.
You may request to exercise these rights by:
- By completing our rights request form available here.
E. Verifiable Request.
As required under applicable law, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide information sufficient to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative and to describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
F. Agent Authorization.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require additional verification in response to a request even if you choose to use an agent. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
Right to Nondiscrimination and Financial Incentives
Under CCPA, the consumer has a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. We will not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the CCPA, including by:
- denying you goods or services;
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We currently provide no financial incentive.
Swipe horizontally to view full table.
Other California Privacy Rights
A. California Do Not Track Disclosure.
Our websites, apps and other online services are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” requests from browsers.
B. Other California Privacy Rights.
Under California's “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83), you, as a California resident, may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information below.
Changes to this California-Specific Addendum
We reserve the right to amend this California-Specific Addendum at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this California-Specific Addendum, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
You may contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices and your choices and rights under California law at here.