Nikon Global Website Privacy Notice
1. About this notice
This notice applies to the processing of your personal data by NIKON CORPORATION (“we”, “us,” and “our”) in connection with the Nikon Global Website (https://www.nikon.com ,https://imaging.nikon.com/), in compliance with applicable laws and any future laws that may replace them.
In this notice, we provide you with information based on such laws related to the processing of your personal data. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data that you provide to us, or that we obtain about you from other sources, will be processed by us. Please take the time to read and fully understand this notice.
Please note that with respect to the processing of your personal data in connection with the Nikon Global Website, in the case of any inconsistency between this notice (and its addendum) and other applicable notices (and their addendums), this notice shall prevail.
2. How we collect your personal data and what personal data we collect
We may collect information that you provide to us, whether by means of a form on the Nikon Global Website , by email, in a letter, or otherwise, such as your name, resident country/area, address, postal code, telephone/fax number, email address, company name, and department/position.
When you visit the Nikon Global Website, we may automatically collect, store, and use technical information about your equipment and your interaction with the website, including your location data, cookies, and your IP address.
3. Purpose and legal basis of processing personal data
If the data protection laws applicable to the relationship between you and us require a legal basis for processing your personal data, we will process your personal data based on one or more of the following legal bases:
- (a)Vital Interest. This is where we need to prevent or suppress a danger to a person's life, body, or health.
- (b)Contract. This is where we need to process your personal data to perform contracts we enter into with you.
- (c)Legitimate Interests. This is where the processing of your personal data is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- (d)Consent. This is where you have given consent for us to process your personal data. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing performed based on consent before withdrawal.
- (e)Legal Obligation. This is where the processing of your personal data is required by laws to which we are subject.
We use the personal data that we hold about you for the following purposes. We will use your personal data only to the extent that it is necessary to do so to fulfil the purposes described below:
- (a)To respond to inquiries; and
- (b)To perform statistical analysis on how the website is used to provide better services.
4. Disclosure of personal data to recipients and joint use of personal data
We may share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- (a)Affiliates: We may share your personal data with our affiliates;
- (b)Our employees: We may disclose your personal data to our employees who have the authority and need to access it; and
- (c)Service providers: We may disclose your personal data to service providers, such as IT service providers.
5. Transfers of personal data outside your country of residence
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored by, a third party outside your country of residence. Where we transfer your personal data to a third party outside your country of residence, we will ensure that:
- (a)The recipient destination has guaranteed that it will ensure an adequate level of protection in relation to the rights and freedoms that data subjects possess in respect of their personal data in your country of residence;
- (b)The recipient enters into a data transfer agreement with us as required by the data protection laws of your country of residence; or
- (c)We have taken any other measures required by the data protection laws of your country of residence.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside your country of residence by contacting us using the information about us indicated in Section 8 of this notice.
6. Storage period for personal data
We will retain the personal data that we collect for the period necessary to process such personal data, except to the extent that we are required by law to retain it for a longer period of time, in which case, we will retain it for the period required by law. In regard to the storage period of cookies, please see our Cookie Notices mentioned in Section 2 of this notice.
7. Your rights
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights may vary depending on where you are located and which data protection laws apply to the relationship between you and us, but typically will include the following:
- (a)Right to obtain information regarding the processing of the relevant personal data and to access the relevant personal data that we hold;
- (b)Right to request rectification of the relevant personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- (c)Right to request erasure of the relevant personal data in certain circumstances;
- (d)Right to request that we restrict our processing of the relevant personal data in certain circumstances;
- (e)Right to object to our processing of the relevant personal data;
- (f)Right to receive the relevant personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or to request that we directly transmit such personal data to a recipient where this is technically feasible; and
- (g)Right to withdraw your consent to our processing of the relevant personal data at any time.
You may exercise any of your rights by contacting us, using the information about us indicated in Section 8 of this notice. You also may lodge a complaint with the data protection authority if you believe that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
8. Contact details
If you have any questions about this notice, your rights, or any other matter relating to the protection of your personal data, please contact us at the following address or form:
- (a)Address and Name of Representative Director and President of NIKON CORPORATION
- (b)Inquiries - Privacy