For data subjects in the EEA and the UK
This section applies to customers in the EEA and the UK.
1. Legal basis
Notwithstanding Section 3 of this notice, the legal basis for Processing your personal data is as follows:
- (a)Contract. This is where we need to process your personal data to perform the contract we enter into with you.
- (b)Legitimate Interests. This is where the processing of your personal data is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party (e.g. to respond to your inquiries) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. You may obtain further details about legitimate interests by contacting us using the information about us indicated in Section 8 of this notice.
- (c)Consent. This is where you have given consent for us to process your personal data. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing performed based on the consent before your withdrawal.
- (d)Legal obligation. This is where the processing of your personal data is required by the law to which we are subject.
2. Transfers of personal data outside the EEA or the UK
Notwithstanding Section 5 of this notice, your personal data may be transferred to, and stored by, a third party outside the EEA or the UK. Where we transfer your personal data to a third party outside the EEA or the UK, we will ensure that:
- (a)The recipient destination has been subject to a finding from the European Commission or has been designated by the government of the UK as ensuring an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms that you possess in respect of your personal data; or
- (b)The recipient enters into standard data protection clauses that have been approved by the European Commission, or other contracts for the transfer of personal data as required by data protection laws, with us.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside the EEA or the UK by contacting us using the information about us indicated in Section 8 of this notice.
3. Your rights
Notwithstanding Section 7 of this notice, you have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. The following is a summary of each of the rights you may exercise.
- (a)The right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you;
- (b)The right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- (c)The right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. This may include (but is not limited to) circumstances in which:
- (i)It is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it;
- (ii)We are only entitled to process your personal data with your consent, and you withdraw your consent; or
- (iii)You object to our processing of your personal data for our legitimate interests, and our legitimate interests do not override your own interests, rights and freedoms;
- (d)The right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. This may include (but is not limited to) circumstances in which:
- (i)You dispute the accuracy of your personal data (but only for the period of time necessary for us to verify its accuracy);
- (ii)We no longer need to use the personal data except for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- (iii)You object to our processing your personal data for our legitimate interests (but only for the period of time necessary for us to assess whether our legitimate interests override your own interests, rights and freedoms);
- (e)The right to object to us about our processing of your personal data.
- (f)The right to receive any personal data which we process about you on the basis of your consent or on a contract (as opposed to any other legal ground) and where the processing is carried out by automated means in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit that data to a recipient where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal data which you have provided to us;
- (g)The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we can rely on another legal ground for doing so.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the information about us indicated in Section 8 of this notice. You can also lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
4. EU representative
You may contact our EU representative using the contact details below.
- EU representative
- Nikon Europe B.V.
Address: The Garden, Stroombaan 14, 1181 VX Amstelveen, The Netherlands
E-mail address: email@example.com