Digital Compact Camera Nikon COOLPIX S610c/S610
August 7, 2008
Making photography more beautiful and more fun with the premium quality of ultra-compact form and the world's fastest start-up time*
Tokyo — Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the COOLPIX S610c and COOLPIX S610. Built on a custom application of Nikon's innovative EXPEED digital image-processing concept and incorporating the precision optics of a NIKKOR lens, the COOLPIX S610c and COOLPIX S610 are powerful photographic tools that blend elegant design and quality construction with high performance and advanced features.
Featuring immediate response, which includes the world's fastest*1 start-up time of a mere 0.7 seconds, the optimized performance of the COOLPIX S610c and COOLPIX S610 makes it easy to capture special moments at will while feeling free to enjoy being part of the fun at hand.
Practically defying their ultra-compact dimensions, the COOLPIX S610c and S610 each feature a large 3.0-inch LCD monitor with a wide-viewing angle of 170 degrees and anti-reflection coating. And they combine that with 10 megapixels of sharp resolution, a 4x Zoom-NIKKOR lens capable of 28mm wide-angle shooting (35mm format equivalent), and optical VR image stabilization to deliver outstanding image quality.
ISO 3200 support adds the power to shoot sharper, more natural-looking photos in lower lighting conditions and to capture fast-moving subjects with outstanding clarity. When shooting with high ISO settings, the new image-processing system dramatically improves the ability for clearer results and minimal noise.
Automated shooting modes also aid in capturing beautiful pictures while enhancing the carefree shooting experience. Active Child Mode automatically tracks the movement of subjects such as children and pets to ensure that they are in clear focus. And Nikon's new Scene Auto Selector automatically distinguishes the type setting in which the user is shooting and then selects the scene mode appropriate to that situation.
The COOLPIX S610c also features built-in Wi-Fi support with the world's first implementation of the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)*2 standard. Combining the freedom of easy Internet connectivity with “anytime, anywhere” access to Nikon's my Picturetown service adds the fun and freedom of picture uploading, categorization and sharing directly from the S610c.
With the COOLPIX S610c and COOLPIX S610, experience high performance and the flexibility of fully automated shooting ease with advanced shooting modes.
- *1Among compact cameras equipped with 28mm (35mm format equivalent) zoom lens and optical vibration reduction as of August 7, 2008 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation).
- *2Among digital cameras as of August 7, 2008 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation).
- Note:Specifications, design, product name, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
Nikon COOLPIX S610c/S610 Feature Highlights
Automated and optimized shooting modes
In addition to Active Child Mode and Nikon's new Scene Auto Selector, Smile Mode also helps enhance the carefree shooting experience by faithfully recording precious smiles in the brief instants they appear. And Food Mode makes it easy to capture delectable close-ups of cuisine at the dinner table.
Optical VR image stabilization that delivers clearer results
Optical lens shift VR (Vibration Reduction) is field proven technology originally developed for Nikon SLR camera lenses. It counteracts the effects of camera shake in lower light or when shooting unsteady subjects to help achieve sharper results and allow shooting at shutter speeds as much as three steps slower without blurring the image. Furthermore, Motion Detection automatically selects a higher ISO sensitivity setting to enable faster shutter speeds, and reduces the possibility of image blur for sharper pictures.
Built-in wireless connectivity to my Picturetown (COOLPIX S610c)
Nikon's my Picturetown service can be accessed easily using the built-in Wi-Fi support of the COOLPIX S610c. my Picturetown offers “anytime, anywhere” access that allows uploading, categorization and sharing of photos directly from the camera. Its Picture Bank function provides secure storage, while Picture Mail can trigger email notifications to friends anywhere. In addition, my Picturetown allows simple posting of links to blogs and websites, as well as full-screen slideshow viewing.
Nikon COOLPIX S610c/S610 Other Features
- Three Unique Nikon Image Innovations: Face-priority, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, D-Lighting
- 16 handy scene modes for optimized results in various shooting situations
- Macro shooting from as close as 3 cm (1.2 in.)
- 4x digital zoom extends compositional freedom
- Active Zoom
- Motion Detection
- Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
- SDHC card compatibility*
- Approx. 45 MB of internal memory
- USB (Hi-Speed) connectivity
- *Not compatible with Multi Media Cards (MMC).
Nikon COOLPIX S610c/S610 Specifications
|Effective pixels||10.0 million|
|Image sensor||1/2.33-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 10.34 million|
|Lens||4x Zoom-NIKKOR; 5.0-20.0mm (35mm  format picture angle: 28-112mm); f/2.7-5.8; 7 elements in 6 groups; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 448mm)|
|Focus range (from lens)||50cm (1 ft. 7.7 in.) to infinity (∞), Macro close-up mode: 3cm (1.2 in.) to infinity (∞)|
|Monitor||3.0-in., approx. 230k-dot, wide-viewing angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating|
|Storage media||Internal memory (approx. 45 MB), SD memory cards*1|
|Image size (pixels)||3648 x 2736 (High: 3648/Normal: 3648), 3072 x 2304 (Normal: 3072), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3584 x 2016 (16:9), 1920 x 1080 (16:9)|
|Vibration Reduction (VR)||Optical lens shift VR|
||ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Auto (auto gain ISO 100-1600)|
|Interface||S610c: Hi-Speed USB, IEEE 802.11b/g
S610: Hi-Speed USB
|Power sources||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied), AC Adapter EH-63 (S610c: supplied, S610: optional)|
|Battery life||Approx. 290 shots with EN-EL12 battery|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||S610c: Approx. 96.5 x 57 x 22.5 mm (3.8 x 2.2 x 0.9 in.) excluding projections
S610: Approx. 94 x 57 x 22.5 mm (3.7 x 2.2 x 0.9 in.) excluding projections
|Weight||S610c: Approx. 130 g (4.6 oz.) without battery and SD memory card
S610: Approx. 125 g (4.4 oz.) without battery and SD memory card
|Supplied accessories*2||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12, AC Adapter EH-63 (S610c only), USB Cable UC-E13, AV Cable EG-CP15, Strap AN-CP19, Software Suite CD-ROM|
|Optional accessories||AC Adapter EH-63 (S610 only), Battery Charger MH-65|
- *1Not compatible with Multi Media Cards (MMC).
- *2Supplied accessories may differ by country or area.
|OS||Macintosh: Mac OS X version 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5.2
Windows: Windows Vista (32bit), Windows XP Home Edition/Professional pre-installed models
|Note||CD-ROM drive required for installation. Only built-in USB ports are supported.|
- *Microsoft®, Windows® and Windows™ Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Macintosh®, Mac® OS and QuickTime® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. The SDHC logo is a trademark. PictBridge is a trademark. The FotoConnect logo is a trademark. The FotoNation logo is a trademark. FSE (Face Sensing Engine) technology is provided by OKI. Products and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- *Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. August 2008
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.