Digital Compact Camera Nikon COOLPIX S620
February 3, 2009
Super-fast start-up and ultra-quick response greatly enhance the pleasure of picture-taking
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the COOLPIX S620. Featuring response so quick that it frees photographers to confidently capture every special moment at will, the COOLPIX S620 is a finely crafted ultra-compact photographic tool that makes picture-taking a lot more fun.
Performance features include the fastest start-up time in its class* of a mere 0.7 seconds and a short shutter-release time lag. This level of immediate response and optimized system performance make it easier to capture precious moments while fully enjoying the scene at hand.
The quality optics of a precision 4x Zoom-NIKKOR lens with 28mm wide-angle coverage and macro shooting ability from as close as 2 cm (0.8 in.) helps to ensure beautiful results and greater shooting freedom, as do the image quality and performance benefits of Nikon's innovative EXPEED digital image-processing concept.
New to the COOLPIX S620 is the ability to shoot at any image size up to its maximum of 4000 x 3000 pixels with light sensitivity settings of as high as ISO 6400. This capability combined with advanced noise reduction makes it possible to achieve sharper, cleaner and more natural-looking photos in a wider variety of night or other low-light scenes. Auto ISO enables carefree shooting with optimal exposure by entrusting the light sensitivity setting to the camera. And Fixed range auto allows you to limit sensitivity from ISO 100 to 400 or 800 for effective control over image quality and the amount of "grain" that appears in images.
Adding the right touch to the sumptuous appeal of its aluminum finish, the COOLPIX S620 will be available in a choice of Rich Pearl, Calm Black, Noble Purple, Sky Blue, Precious Pink or Bright Silver body colors. (Color name and color availability may vary according to region.)
- *Among compact cameras equipped with 28mm (35mm format equivalent) zoom lens and optical vibration reduction as of February 3, 2009 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation).
- Note: Specifications, design, product name, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
Nikon COOLPIX S620 Feature Highlights
- Four advanced image stabilizing features help ensure sharper results
- Nikon's optical lens shift VR image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake. Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for subject movement as well as camera shake. High ISO 6400 capability at any image size up to its maximum of 4000 x 3000 pixels allows faster shutter speeds when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. And, Nikon's original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
- Intelligent automated shooting modes that promote carefree shooting
- Nikon's Scene Auto Selector eliminates the need to manually select a scene mode to match the shot, and this makes it faster and easier to capture the moment in beautiful fashion. The COOLPIX S620 uses this intelligent function to analyze the subject and its surrounding settings and automatically selects the most appropriate scene mode to achieve optimal results. Subject Tracking enhances the shooting experience by locking focus on and automatically following the intended subject's movement to ensure clear focus and quick response when that perfect moment to release the shutter presents itself. Particularly useful when capturing children or pets as they move naturally, Subject Tracking even functions if the subject moves out of the frame for a second or two.
- Nikon's exclusive Smart Portrait System
- Automatically detecting as many as 12 faces in the shot, Face-priority AF helps produce satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure. Smile Mode automatically releases the shutter when the priority subject smiles and offers the new Blink Proof function, which automatically shoots two sequential frames and saves the one in which the subject's eyes are open-wide. Now featuring faster processing speed, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
- High-quality 2.7-in. LCD monitor provides a wider, clearer view
- The high quality 2.7-in. LCD monitor for the COOLPIX S620 features a 170-degree wide-viewing angle, anti-reflection coating, antifouling and water repellent layer, and screen brightness boost function. The vivid, high-contrast display makes it easier to shoot with, more practical for reviewing shots taken, and a joy to view during playback.
- Quick Retouch
- Quick Retouch adds the right finishing touch to your photos by automatically creating a retouched copy with the best balance of contrast and saturation.
Nikon COOLPIX S620 Other Features
- Macro shooting from as close as 2 cm (0.8 in.)
- 16 handy scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Food Mode
- Active Zoom
- Auto Sort function
- Two movie modes with sound
- Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
- Approx. 45 MB of internal memory
- Hi-Speed USB connectivity
Nikon Digital Camera COOLPIX S620 Specifications
|Effective pixels||12.2 million|
|Image sensor||1/2.33-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 12.39 million|
|Lens||4x Zoom-NIKKOR; 5.0-20.0mm (35mm  format picture angle: 28-112mm); f/2.7-5.8; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 448mm)|
|Focus range (from lens)||50cm (1 ft. 8 in.) to infinity (∞), Macro close-up mode: 2cm (0.8 in.) to infinity (∞)|
|Monitor||2.7-in., approx. 230k-dot, wide-viewing angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating, antifouling and water repellent layer, and screen brightness boost function|
|Storage media||Internal memory (approx. 45 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards*1|
|Image size (pixels)||4000 x 3000 (High: 4000★/Normal: 4000), 3264 x 2448 (Normal: 3264), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 1920 x 1080 (16:9: 1920)|
|Vibration Reduction (VR)||Lens shift VR|
||ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, Auto (auto gain ISO 100-1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 100-400, 100-800)|
|Power sources||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62F (optional)|
|Battery life||Approx. 250 shots with EN-EL12 battery|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 90 x 53 x 23 mm (3.5 x 2.1 x 0.9 in.) excluding projections|
|Weight||Approx. 120 g (4.2 oz.) without battery and SD/SDHC memory card|
|Supplied accessories*2||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12, Battery Charger MH-65, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP14, Software Suite CD-ROM|
|Optional accessories||AC Adapter EH-62F|
- *1Not compatible with Multi Media Cards (MMC).
- *2Supplied accessories may differ by country or area.
|OS||Macintosh: Mac OS X version 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5.5
Windows: Windows Vista (32bit), Windows XP Home Edition/Professional pre-installed models
|Note||CD-ROM drive required for installation. Only built-in USB ports are supported.|
- Microsoft®, Windows® and Windows Vista™ are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Macintosh®, Mac® OS and QuickTime® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. The SDHC logo is a trademark. PictBridge is a trademark. D-Lighting technology is provided by Apical Limited. The FotoNation logo is a trademark. FSE (Face Sensing Engine) technology is provided by OKI. Products and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. February 2009
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.