AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
February 9, 2010
A world's first ultra wide-angle 16-35mm FX-format compatible zoom lens with built-in vibration reduction (VR II)
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR, the world's first* ultra wide-angle 16-35mm FX-format compatible zoom lens with built-in vibration reduction (VR II).
The AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR is released as a new category of NIKKOR lenses. It is equipped with vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops and a Silent Wave Motor (SWM), and supports the maximum aperture of f/4 through the full range of focal lengths. The lens also utilizes exclusive Nikon technologies such as the application of Nano Crystal Coat and construction that includes ED and aspherical lens elements. The extremely effective vibration reduction and coverage for wide angles of view make this lens perfect for sports, press and landscape photography.
Nikon's development of the FX format, currently consisting of D3-series and D700 digital-SLR cameras, has received tremendous support from professional and advanced amateur photographers. We intend to expand and strengthen the NIKKOR lineup with the steady release of new, high-performance lenses compatible with the FX format.
- *Among ultra wide-angle zoom lenses offering a minimum focal length of 16mm with a full-sized image sensor (according to Nikon survey as of February 9, 2010).
AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Primary Features
- An ultra wide-angle zoom lens with maximum aperture of f/4 through the full 16mm to 35mm range of focal lengths
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops
- Nano Crystal Coat significantly reduces ghost and flare
- An ultra wide-angle zoom lens with an angle of view beginning at 107° and a filter attachment size of 77mm
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Constructed with two ED and three aspherical lens elements for superior aberration compensation
- Offers two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR specifications
|Focal length||16-35 mm|
|Lens construction||17 elements in 12 groups (with two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements, and Nano Crystal Coat)|
|Angle of view||107° - 63° (83° - 44° for Nikon DX format)|
|Minimum focus distance||0.29m at a focal length of 16mm or 35mm, 0.28m at a focal length between 20mm and 28mm|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 pcs. (rounded)|
|Diameter x length||Approximately 82.5(dia) x 125 mm (extension from the camera's lens-mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 680 g|
|Supplied accessories||77mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Bayonet Hood HB-23, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1120|
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.