Digital Compact Camera Nikon COOLPIX S6200
August 24, 2011
A high-performance model with an effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels for superior image quality and equipped with a 10x optical zoom NIKKOR lens, all in one of the most compact bodies in its class
TOKYO-Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the high-performance S6200, a 10x optical zoom COOLPIX S-series model incorporating advanced functions in a refined design.
The S6200 is a stylish model that, despite being equipped with a 10x optical zoom NIKKOR lens, has a slim, compact and elegant body. In addition to offering excellent basic performance with superior image quality and high-speed response, the S6100 is equipped with four features—less noise at high sensitivities, Motion detection function, lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function, flash control system—that enable capture of beautiful nighttime shots. The S6200 is also equipped with a hand-held/tripod night landscape detection function that enables it to automatically distinguish between hand-held shooting and shooting with the camera mounted on a tripod to provide the optimum response to shooting conditions regardless of lighting levels, making successful capture of blur-free night landscapes even easier. What's more, Special effects mode for shooting and Filter effects for editing photos already taken allow you to create artistic photos and movies never before possible.
COOLPIX S6200 Primary Features
- An effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels and a 10x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with a zoom range beginning at the wide-angle 25 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format) for coverage of a broad range of angles of view
- High-power optical zoom lens built into one of the smallest bodies in its class
10x optical zoom and one of the smallest bodies in its class were made possible by making the most of an exclusive new, high-density slim lens barrel design. The S6200 achieves a size that makes it easy to take with you wherever you go, and coverage for a broad range of angles of view, from wide-angle to telephoto, making it possible for anyone to easily capture beautiful photos.
- Equipped with 4 technologies and a hand-held/tripod night landscape detection function that enable capture of beautiful nighttime shots in difficult dimly lit or dark surroundings
- Technologies for beautiful nighttime shots
- Low noise at high sensitivities:
- The combination of the EXPEED C2 image processing engine that supports high sensitivities and advanced noise reduction processing technology enables superior image quality in images captured at ISO 1600 with automatic ISO sensitivity adjustment and ISO 3200 with manual ISO sensitivity specification.
- Motion detection:
- The camera detects camera shake and subject movement with shooting, and automatically compensates by controlling shutter speed and ISO sensitivity. This feature significantly reduces the number of blurred images by placing priority on either blur compensation for moving subjects or image quality, depending upon the scene.
- Lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function for superior camera shake compensation
- Flash control:
- The new flash control system eliminates unnatural night portraits in which the portrait subject is bright but background details are completely lost through the effective control of shutter speed and ISO sensitivity, resulting in blur-free images in which the entire image, including distant backgrounds, is rendered with natural brightness levels.
- Hand-held/tripod night landscape detection function
- When shooting night landscapes and other nighttime shots, the camera automatically distinguishes between hand-held shooting and shooting using a tripod, and then adjusts ISO sensitivity and shutter speed accordingly. This function makes it possible to capture beautiful photos, as intended, with shooting of nighttime scenes that, until now, have often been blurred.
- With hand-held shooting:
- By automatically increasing ISO sensitivity and shutter speed, nighttime shots with less blur are possible.
- When a tripod is used:
- By automatically decreasing ISO sensitivity and shutter speed, brighter nighttime shots with less noise are possible.
- Shooting, playback and retouch functions that easily enable the creation of artistic works: Special effects, Filter effects
Special Effects are applied with shooting of still images or recording of movies to create delicate images or those with impact through the adjustment of colors and/or contrast prior to recording. Filter Effects are easily applied to still images and movies that have already been recorded. These two features enable simple creation of fun, original images, expanding the ways in which you express yourself.
- Special Effects:
- Special effects can be applied prior to shooting, enabling users to capture photos with colors and tones that suit their intent. Soft, High key, Low key, Nostalgic sepia, High-contrast monochrome and Selective color options are available.
- Filter Effects:
- Easily apply filter effects to photos already taken without using a computer. Cross screen, Fisheye, Miniature effect, Painting, Soft and Selective color options are available.
- High-speed response that ensures certain capture of fleeting scenes
With an autofocusing time of approximately 0.28 and a shooting time lag of approximately 0.42 s, the camera responds immediately to sudden photo opportunities and moving subjects. The S6200 never misses once-in-a-lifetime shots.
- Autofocusing time and shooting time lag measured according to Nikon standards: 25mm focal length (equivalent in 35mm  format), shooting distance of 2 m, ambient brightness of LV 10; images recorded to 4-GB Class 10 SDHC memory card
- A user-friendly camera with an elegant design available in a variety of colors
Adoption of a rotary multi selector enables nimble and easy operation. In addition, a simple, yet refined and elegant design has been achieved with the S6200 by designing it with consideration of the optimal position and size of buttons and other controls, as well as through the coordination of body and lens barrel color.
Nikon COOLPIX S6200 Specifications
|Image sensor||1/2.3-in. type CCD; total pixels: approx. 16.44 million|
|Lens||10x optical zoom, NIKKOR lens 4.5-45.0mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 25-250 mm lens in 35mm  format) f/3.2-5.8; Digital zoom Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 1000 mm lens in 35mm  format)|
|Focus range(from lens)||[W]: Approx. 50 cm to ∞, [T]: Approx. 1.0 m to ∞, Macro mode: Approx. 10 cm to ∞ ( wide-angle position )|
|Monitor||6.7 cm (2.7-in.), approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment|
|Storage media||Internal memory (approx. 74 MB), SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card|
|ISO sensitivity||ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 Auto (auto gain from ISO 80 to 1600) Fixed range auto (ISO 80 to 400, 80 to 800)|
|HDMI output||Can be selected from Auto, 480p, 720p, and 1080i|
|Power sources||One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied) AC Adapter EH-62F (available separately)|
|Battery life(EN-EL19)||Still pictures*1: Approx. 250 shots Movies: Approx. 1h 40 min (HD 720p). The maximum file size for a single movie is 4 GB and the maximum movie length for a single movie is 29 minutes, even when there is sufficient free space on the memory card for longer recording.|
|Dimensions(WxHxD)||Approx. 93.0 x 56.7 x 25.4 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 160 g (including battery and SD memory card)|
|Supplied accessories*2||Camera Strap, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12, Charging AC Adapter EH-69P, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP16, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM|
- Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for a camera with a fully-charged Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 operated at an ambient temperature of 25 °C (77 °F).
- *1Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standards for measuring the life of camera batteries.
- *2Supplied accessories may differ by country or area.
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.