Nikon launches the free my Picturetown Pad application for iPads and iPhones
October 20, 2011
Support for playback of data recorded using the new Motion Snapshot function built into Nikon 1 J1 / V1
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce that its free my Picturetown Pad application for iPads and iPhones is available for download from Apple's App Store. The my Picturetown Pad app allows users to enjoy using my Picturetown, Nikon’s online image sharing and storage service, with their iPads and iPhones.
In addition to supporting playback of data recorded using the Motion Snapshot* function, which offers a new form of imaging expression and has been built into Nikon’s new Nikon 1, Advanced Camera with Interchangeable Lens, my Picturetown Pad also supports book view and a map view that utilizes information recorded with cameras equipped with a GPS function. What's more users can enjoy using my Picturetown with their iPads and iPhones with greater convenience through collaboration with Facebook and Twitter.
- *The Motion Snapshot function records a still image and roughly a second of movie footage beginning before and ending after the time the shutter-release button was pressed. The 2.5-seconds worth of movie footage recorded in Motion Snapshot mode is played back in slow motion for a total playback time of 10 seconds that includes the still image and original background music for an impressive playback experience.
The new Nikon 1, Advance Camera with Interchangeable Lens just released by Nikon respond to the latest needs of the digital generation. Nikon will continue to offer fun, new forms of imaging expression with features such as those that combine still images and movie footage, and also continue to expand its services to offer users more ways to share their digital images.
Primary my Picturetown Pad features
- Convenient viewing of photos and movies
The user interface optimized for the iPad and iPhone display allows users to view photos and movies uploaded to my Picturetown with ease and comfort. As images are cached as they are viewed, display is much faster when they are viewed again at a later time. Users can also create albums and change the manner in which images are sorted using simple touch operations.
- Playback of Motion Snapshot data
Data recorded using the new Motion Snapshot function built into Nikon’s new Nikon 1 Advanced Camera with Interchangeable Lens and uploaded to my Picturetown can be played back using the my Picturetown Pad app.
- Book view
Photos can be viewed with a beautiful layout resembling those found in photo books and magazines. Shooting information is displayed under each photo, and as layout is random, photos are displayed differently each time, allowing users to enjoy a new perspective each time this view is enabled.
- *Book view is available when the app is used on an iPad.
- Map view
Photos with which location information has been recorded using the GPS function built into models such as the Nikon COOLPIX AW100 can be displayed on a map. In addition, photos with heading information recorded can be displayed with the information, making viewing them on a map more fun.
- Share photos on Facebook and Twitter
Not only can photos or photo links to images uploaded to my Picturetown be sent to your own Facebook or Twitter account, but when the my Picturetown Pad app is running, photos and photo links to images taken with the iPad or iPhone can also be sent to Facebook or Twitter. These photos taken with the iPad or iPhone are also uploaded to my Picturetown at the same time. What's more, comments can be added to photos when they are sent to Facebook or Twitter.
Users can also enjoy sharing their digital images more with family, friends, and acquaintances with the ability to use iPad or iPhone contact data to e-mail images (photos and movies).
Applicable devices iPad, iPad 2, iPhone and iPod touch Supported OS versions iOS 4.2 and iOS 4.3
- *iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- *Products, brand names and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.