Nikon Group Rolls out Global Sales of Data Analysis Software HEVC/H.265 Codec Analyzer (265CA1)
March 3, 2014
Nikon Systems Inc. a group company of Nikon Corporation (President: Makoto Kimura; Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo), is going to roll out the global sales of data analysis software "HEVC/H.265 Codec Analyzer (265CA1)" that is fully compliant with the next-generation H.265/HEVC video coding standard.
This software was released within Japan in March, 2013.
|Product Name||HEVC/H.265 Codec Analyzer (265CA1)|
|Release Date||March 1, 2014|
In order to deal with the popularity of the high-resolution large-screen display panel, there is strong demand to reduce the data capacity without degrading the image quality using the high-resolution video contents. HEVC*1, one of the video compression formats, is a new international video coding standard having twice the compression rate compared to the MPEG-4AVC/H.264 standard that is widely popular in terrestrial digital broadcasting or blue-ray disc, and video delivery. HEVC is expected to cover a broad range of applications for video content including ultra high definition TV broadcasting, mobile streaming, content distribution, and so on. Due to the increasing popularity of the products and services employing HEVC, the verification or the compatibility checking of the contents becomes necessary in various scenarios. On the other hand, since HEVC is a complex video compression format, enormous amount of time and specialized knowledge is required for the data analysis.
The software to be released this time named "HEVC/H.265 Codec Analyzer (265CA1)" is able to analyze the HEVC format video file efficiently. As the successor of MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264 analysis tools, this analyzer is easy-to-use and capable of operating more intuitively. By offering an efficient environment for the development of content delivery Systems, LSI, and digital video products, it makes possible to develop products with high mutual compatibility.
- Analysis of HEVC format video file
- Intelligible representation of Picture structure using the graphical display
- Precise and quick display of analysis results with simple operations
- Ultra high definition (8K/4K) correspondence
- Compatible with the high resolution contents more than full HD
- Timely support service
- Support for updated standards
|Supported Format||Byte Stream Format, MPEG2-TS, MP4|
|Supported Profile||Main Profile, Main10 Profile|
|OS||Microsoft Windows*2 7 Professional 64bit (SP1)|
|CPU||Intel*3 Xeon or Core i7 Processor 4core (or more) recommended|
|Memory||8GB (or more) recommended|
- *1HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding)
The ITU-T standard "H.265" and ISO/IEC standard "23008-2" was approved on January 25, 2013.
- *2Windows is trademark registered to Microsoft Corporation within the USA or other countries.
- *3Other product names (along with company names), except Microsoft Windows, are trademark registered to or trademark of the company.
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.