Digital Compact Camera Nikon COOLPIX A100/A10
January 14, 2016
TOKYO - Nikon is pleased to announce the release of two new COOLPIX cameras, the COOLPIX A100, a slim and lightweight stylish model that can be easily taken anywhere, and the COOLPIX A10, a model powered by common AA batteries that makes capturing high-quality images fun and easy.
The COOLPIX A100 has an effective pixel count of 20.1 megapixels*1, and is equipped with a 5x optical zoom (10x when Dynamic Fine Zoom*2 is used) NIKKOR lens that covers the wide-angle 26mm to telephoto 130mm (equivalents in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths, all in an extremely portable, slim body with a depth measuring approximately 19.8mm*3 and a weight of approximately 119g*4. It is a stylish model equipped with a number of features that make taking and editing photos fun. For example, Scene Auto Selector makes capturing beautiful, high-quality photos easy with the camera doing all of the work, and functions such as Glamour Retouch are easier to use with adoption of a new Creative Slider.
The COOLPIX A10 has an elegant body that offers an effective pixel count of 16.1 megapixels*1, and is equipped with a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens supporting a range of focal lengths that begins at the wide-angle 26mm (equivalent in 35mm  format). Users can easily enjoy taking beautiful, high-quality photos using Scene Auto Selector mode, which automatically selects and applies the optimal scene mode, and retouch functions including Special Effects and Quick Effects have been enhanced. What's more, the A10 is powered by readily available AA batteries, allowing users to respond flexibly should the batteries become exhausted on unexpected outings.
- *1May be reduced with image processing.
- *2Magnification of Dynamic Fine Zoom represents the total zoom ratio achieved with the combination of optical zoom from the maximum wide-angle position and digital zoom.
- *3Excluding protrusions.
- *4Including batteries and memory card.
COOLPIX A100 Primary Features
- A slim and stylish body that can easily be taken anywhere
With a depth of approximately 19.8mm* and a weight of approximately 119g*, the COOLPIX A100 is extremely portable and small enough to easily fit in a purse or small bag.
- *Including battery and memory card.
- An effective pixel count of 20.1 megapixels and a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens
The A100 has an effective pixel count of 20.1 megapixels, and is equipped with a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the wide-angle 26mm to telephoto 130mm (equivalents in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths. In addition, the camera is equipped with Dynamic Fine Zoom, which preserves resolution in the digital zoom range, enabling capture of high-quality photos at focal lengths up to approximately 260mm (equivalent in 35mm  format).
- Retouch functions that make photography more fun
The A100 is equipped with Special Effects (8) that can be selected based on intent and applied with shooting, and the Creative Slider, which can be used to adjust brightness, vividness, and hue with shooting. Moreover, the camera also offers a number of advanced retouch functions, such as Glamour Retouch options (12) for easy application of a variety of effects to enhance human faces in photos after they are taken, and Quick Effects (6) that can be used to add a variety of effects to images.
- Additional Features
- Scene Auto Selector, with which the user need simply point the camera at the intended subject and the camera automatically applies the optimal scene mode
- Target Finding AF, with which the user need simply frame a photo, and the camera predicts the primary subject and immediately focuses on that subject
- Subject Tracking, which enables capture of beautiful, in-focus images, even when the subject is moving
- Smart Portrait mode, which can be used to capture beautiful portraits the instant the human subject smiles
COOLPIX A10 Primary Features
- An effective pixel count of 16.1 megapixels and a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens
The A10 has an effective pixel count of 16.1 megapixels, and is equipped with a high pixel count CCD image sensor and a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the wide-angle 26mm to telephoto 130mm (equivalents in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths. It is capable of preserving memories in beautiful, high-quality images of everything from everyday snapshots to commemorative photos of special occasions. In addition, the ability to manually specify ISO sensitivity (ISO 80-1600) enables shooting, even in dark surroundings, with adjustment as intended.
- Powered by AA batteries readily available anywhere, even on vacation
Even if batteries are exhausted on vacation or with an unexpected outing, adoption of AA batteries means that they can be quickly and easily replaced. When alkaline batteries are used, up to approximately 200 shots are possible. When lithium batteries are used, up to approximately 730 shots* are possible.
- *When AA Energizer lithium batteries are used.
- Scene Auto Selector mode for automatic capture of images as intended
By simply pointing the camera at the intended subject, the camera identifies the subject and shooting conditions, and then automatically applies the optimal scene mode*. Even those new to cameras or not confident in their ability to operate the camera can reliably capture beautiful photos of most scenes and subjects without adjusting camera settings.
- *In some cases, the desired or intended scene mode may not be applied.
- A variety of retouch functions
The A10 is equipped with a number of advanced retouch functions that make photography more fun, including Special Effects (6) that can be selected and applied prior to shooting using a real-time preview in the camera monitor, and Quick Effects (10) that can be easily added to images after they are captured.
- An elegant body that not only makes photography easy, but has a beautiful design
A smooth, curved form achieves an elegant appearance. A grip designed to fit comfortably in the hand effectively suppresses the camera shake that leads to blurred photos.
- Trade names (companies, products, services, etc.) are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacture.
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.