Digital Compact Camera Nikon COOLPIX L100
February 3, 2009
Packing photographic performance, the reach of 15x optical zoom, and advanced function into a camera that is easy and fun to use
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the COOLPIX L100, a powerful photographic tool that blends ease-of-use with advanced shooting functions and high-power zoom reach. Combining the precision optics of a NIKKOR lens with the image quality and performance benefits of Nikon's innovative EXPEED digital image processing concept, the COOLPIX L100 is equipped and ready to help capture every precious moment with quality and clarity that will make lasting memories an even greater joy.
The COOLPIX L100 features the compositional freedom of a 15x Zoom-NIKKOR lens. Covering 28mm wide-angle to 420mm super-telephoto shooting, the lens' broad focal range can readily handle everything from landscapes and group shots, to tight close-ups and shots taken from a distance that allows shooting subjects as they move or play naturally. It even covers macro shooting ability from as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.).
Nikon's image sensor shift VR image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake, while Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed. Extended light sensitivity settings as high as ISO 3200*1 add further capability that helps ensure sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects.
The COOLPIX L100 teams its extended reach with solid imaging power. 10.0 effective megapixels of sharp resolution is teamed with an optimized processing system to faithfully reproduce fine details and subtle tones and deliver quick response. Furthermore, with new Sport Continuous Mode, as many as 30 consecutive pictures can be taken at the rapid speed of 13 fps*2.
- *1ISO3200 is available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller.
- *2Feature available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller.
- Note: Specifications, design, product name, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
Nikon COOLPIX L100 Feature Highlights
- Intelligent automation contributes to carefree shooting
- Easy Auto Mode simplifies photography by taking control of settings; just turn on the camera and shoot freely. Activated in Easy Auto Mode, Nikon's Scene Auto Selector eliminates the need to manually select a scene mode to match the shot, and this makes it faster and easier to capture the moment in beautiful fashion. The COOLPIX L100 uses this intelligent function to analyze the subject and its surrounding settings and automatically selects the most appropriate of the following six scene modes to achieve optimal results – Portrait, Landscape, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Close-up, or Backlight.
- Nikon's exclusive Smart Portrait System
- Automatically detecting as many as 12 faces in the shot, Face-priority AF helps produce satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure. Smile Mode helps to faithfully record precious moments by automatically releasing the shutter when the subject smiles. Blink Warning alerts the photographer when it suspects that a subject has blinked. Now featuring faster processing speed, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
- Four advanced image stabilizing features help ensure sharper results
- Nikon's image sensor shift VR image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake. Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for subject movement as well as camera shake. ISO 3200* capability allows faster shutter speeds when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. And, Nikon's original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
- *ISO 3200 is available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller.
Nikon COOLPIX L100 Other Features
- Macro shooting from as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.)
- 15 handy scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Food Mode
- Active Zoom
- Distortion Control for optimum quality when shooting architecture or landscapes
- Three movie modes with sound
- Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
- Powered by commonly available AA-batteries
- Approx. 44 MB of internal memory
- Hi-Speed USB connectivity
Nikon Digital Camera COOLPIX L100 Specifications
|Effective pixels||10.0 million|
|Image sensor||1/2.33-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 10.7 million|
|Lens||15x Zoom-NIKKOR; 5.0-75.0mm (35mm  format picture angle: 28-420mm); f/3.5-5.4; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 1680mm)|
|Focus range (from lens)||50cm (1 ft. 8 in.) to infinity (∞); Macro close-up mode: 1cm (0.4 in.) to infinity (∞)|
|Monitor||3-in., approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating|
|Storage media||Internal memory (approx. 44 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards*1|
|Image size (pixels)||3648 x 2736 (High: 3648★/Normal: 3648), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3584 x 2016 (16:9: 3584), 1920 x 1080 (16:9: 1920)|
|Vibration Reduction (VR)||Image sensor shift VR|
||Auto (auto gain ISO 80-800), High sensitivity mode*2 (ISO 720-3200)|
|Power sources||Four AA alkaline (supplied), or lithium batteries, AC Adapter EH-67 (optional)|
|Battery life||Approx. 350 shots with alkaline, or 900 shots with lithium|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 110 x 72 x 78 mm (4.3 x 2.8 x 3 in.) excluding projections|
|Weight||Approx. 355 g (12.5 oz.) without battery and SD/SDHC memory card|
|Supplied accessories*3||LR6 AA-size Alkaline Batteries, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP18, Lens Cap LC-CP20, Software Suite CD-ROM|
|Optional accessories||AC Adapter EH-67|
- *1Not compatible with Multi Media Cards (MMC).
- *2Setting is available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller.
- *3Supplied accessories may differ by country or area.
|OS||Macintosh: Mac OS X version 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5.5
Windows: Windows Vista (32bit), Windows XP Home Edition/Professional pre-installed models
|Note||CD-ROM drive required for installation. Only built-in USB ports are supported.|
- Microsoft®, Windows® and Windows Vista™ are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Macintosh®, Mac® OS and QuickTime® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. The SDHC logo is a trademark. PictBridge is a trademark. D-Lighting technology is provided by Apical Limited. The FotoNation logo is a trademark. FSE (Face Sensing Engine) technology is provided by OKI. CompactFlash® and Extreme® are registered trademarks of SanDisk Corporation. Products and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. February 2009
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.