Nikon Introduces New MONARCH X Binoculars
February 18, 2009
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to present the new MONARCH X binoculars, superior models in the globally popular MONARCH series. These new binoculars feature outstanding optical quality further enhanced by a large 45 mm objective diameter and innovative dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating.
The O-ring seals and nitrogen gas in the slim body make these binoculars waterproof and fog-free. Rubber coating protects the binocular body and assures a firm and conformable grip. The 8.5x and 10.5x MONARCH X binoculars are available for observing nature such as birds and other animals.
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating assures uniform and high transmittance in full visible range for bright and natural color images
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for the brightest images
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- Waterproof (up to 1 m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas
- High-eyepoint design for clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
Nikon MONARCH X Binoculars Specifications
|Objective diameter||45 mm||45 mm|
|Angular field of view (real)||6.3°||6.3°|
|Angular field of view (apparent)*||50.1°||60.0°|
|Field of view at 1,000 m||110 m||110 m|
|Exit pupil||5.3 mm||4.3 mm|
|Eye relief||20.6 mm||16.0 mm|
|Close focusing distance||3.0 m||3.0 m|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment||56-72 mm||56-72 mm|
|Length||156 mm||156 mm|
|Width||139 mm||139 mm|
|Weight||720 g||730 g|
- *Nikon has adopted a calculation method based on ISO 14132-1:2002.
tan ω′ = τ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω′
Real field of view: 2ω
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.