Nikon Introduces MONARCH 5 Binoculars
March 25, 2013
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of its new MONARCH 5 series, three completely redesigned 42mm-diameter binocular models to add to the long-respected MONARCH family of sports optics.
Nikon's highly praised MONARCH 42mm binoculars provide high optical performance in a stylish, easy-to-grip body design. Employing ED lenses and a dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating, the MONARCH 5 will be released soon.
Thanks to their high-quality optics, lightweight-yet-robust body, the current MONARCH models have earned an excellent reputation among the outdoor professionals who rely on them. Inheriting the characteristics of its renowned predecessors, the MONARCH 5 series takes advantage of Nikon's long history of optical technology, all while offering enhanced performance in a new, sophisticated design.
The MONARCH 5 series employs ED glass to minimise chromatic aberrations, while a dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating delivers brighter images and more natural colours, making these binoculars ideal for outdoor activities where reliable performance is crucial, such as birdwatching and hunting.
- All-new exterior design
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for chromatic aberration compensation and clearer viewing
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating ensures superior transmittance uniformity across the visible range, resulting in brighter images and more natural colours
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for brighter images
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- Long eye relief design provides a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Close focusing distance: 2.5m
- Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are used for all lenses and prisms
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Lightweight body uses fibreglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Flip-down objective lens cap
|Objective diameter (mm)||42||42||42|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||6.3||5.5||5.0|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)*||47.5||51.3||55.3|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||110||96||87|
|Exit pupil (mm)||5.3||4.2||3.5|
|Eye relief (mm)||19.5||18.4||15.1|
|Close focusing distance (m)||2.5||2.5||2.5|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment (mm)||56-72||56-72||56-72|
- *Nikon has adopted a calculation method based on ISO 14132-1:2002.
tan ω' = Γ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω', Real field of view: 2ω, Magnification: Γ
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.