Nikon Introduces the PROSTAFF 7i Laser Rangefinder
January 14, 2015
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of the Nikon Laser Rangefinder PROSTAFF 7i, an ideal companion for outdoor applications.
The new PROSTAFF 7i, which boasts a sleek, ergonomic design, is a further evolution of the PROSTAFF 7 which was released in 2013. Long-distance measurement of up to 1,200 metres (1,300 yards) in actual distance is achieved. Nikon's original data-processing algorithm HYPER READ is employed for displaying the measured distance with a fast, stable response regardless of how far you are from the target. It displays the measurement result in approx. 0.5 second, ensuring stress-free measurement.
ID technology for displaying horizontal distance, and other useful functions that were highly acclaimed for the PROSTAFF 7 are inherited. These include the Target Priority switching system and continuous measurement, which are field-proven features of the PROSTAFF 7.
The Target Priority switching system lets you switch between Distant Target Priority mode and First Target Priority mode depending on subject conditions. Distant Target Priority mode is useful in heavily wooded areas where your subject may be partly obscured by bushes and undergrowth. On the other hand, First Target Priority mode allows you to measure the distance of the closest subject — useful when measuring the distance to a subject in front of an overlapping background.
Continuous measurement is available for up to 8 seconds by just holding down the POWER ON/Measurement button.
Measurement of the distance to a moving target is accomplished without any worries about hand movement.
Users are certain to enjoy the PROSTAFF 7i's small, lightweight body that is easy to grip. Simple operation is complemented by a waterproof structure resistant to damp or rainy weather conditions.
- Measurement range: 7.3-1,200m/8-1,300 yd.
- Horizontal Distance display mode and Actual Distance display mode can be easily switched — ID (incline/decline) Technology
- Target Priority Switch System for measuring overlapping subjects:
First Target Priority mode displays the distance of the closest subject — useful when measuring the distance to a subject in front of an overlapping background.
Distant Target Priority mode displays that of the farthest subject — useful in wooded areas.
- Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance — HYPER READ
- Displays the measurement result in approx. 0.5 second
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- Compact, lightweight and ergonomic design
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm)
- Wide field of view (7.5 degrees)
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Dioptre adjustment function
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes), but not for underwater usage; the battery chamber is water-resistant
- Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C
Swipe horizontally to view full table.
|Measurement range (actual distance)||7.3-1,200m/8-1,300 yd.|
|Distance display (increment)||Every 0.1m/yd. (shorter than 1,000m/yd.)
Every 1m/yd. (1,000m/yd. and over)
|Accuracy* (actual distance)||±0.5m/yd. (shorter than 600m/yd.)
±1m/yd. (600m/yd. and over, shorter than 1,000m/yd.)
±1.5m/yd. (1,000m/yd. and over)
|Effective objective diameter (mm)||21|
|Actual field of view(°)||7.5|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.5|
|Eye relief (mm)||18.3|
|Dimensions (L x H x W)(mm/inch)||113 x 70 x 39/4.4 x 2.8 x 1.5|
|Weight (excluding battery) (g/oz.)||175/6.2|
|Power source||CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V)
Auto power shutoff function equipped (after 8 sec.)
|Laser classification||IEC60825-1: Class 1M/Laser Product
FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10:Class I Laser Product
|Electromagnetic compatibility||FCC Part15 SubPartB class B, EU:EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI classB, CU TR 020|
- *Under Nikon's measurement conditions.
- *The specifications of the product may not be achieved depending on the target object's shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.