Equipped with a built-in VR mechanism, the first NIKKOR lens for which an aspherical ED glass element has been adopted
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR, a standard zoom lens compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is an approximately 2.9x standard zoom lens that supports the 24-70 mm*1 range of focal lengths with a maximum aperture of f/2.8. Adoption of the combination of one aspherical ED glass element, a first for NIKKOR lenses, aspherical lens elements, ED glass elements, a HRI(High Refractive Index) lens element, and Nano Crystal Coat makes this lens one that boasts superior optical performance with suppression of ghost and chromatic aberration, as well as sharp, clear rendering all the way to the edges of the frame. The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR allows users to enjoy even better resolution and softer, more natural blur characteristics than did the previous AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED.
In addition, it is equipped with a vibration reduction (VR) mechanism for camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop*2 increase in shutter speed. The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is a high-performance standard zoom lens that combines superior resolution and natural blur characteristics with excellent strength and durability.
- *1When used with a DX-format digital SLR camera, the effective angles of view are equivalent to those of a lens with focal lengths of 36-105 mm in 35mm  format.
- *2When a digital SLR camera equipped with a full-size image sensor is used. Measured with the zoom lens at the maximum telephoto position.
- Equipped with fast, very precise AF that immediately captures the intended subject, and an electromagnetic diaphragm that achieves stable exposure control with high-speed continuous shooting
- Adoption of a barrel design that enables superior operation and a firm and steady hold
- In addition to its superior strength and durability, adoption of fluorine coat, which effectively repels water and oils, on the outer surfaces of the extreme front and rear lens elements makes cleaning the lens easier even when it does get dirty
- *Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacture.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.