High portability ideal for casual everyday shooting
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens compatible with full-frame (Nikon FX-format) mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted.
The NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 is a compact and lightweight, standard prime lens with a fast f/2 maximum aperture that allows users to easily enjoy bokeh as part of their imaging expression. It achieves a compact and lightweight body with a total length of approximately 45.5 mm and weight of approximately 170 g, while providing a versatile 40 mm standard angle of view that can be utilized for a wide range of scenes. Furthermore, its fast aperture and 9-blade iris diaphragm realize beautiful round-shaped bokeh, transforming users' everyday moments and portraits into more impactful scenes.
As well as this, the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 delivers outstanding AF performance and dust- and drip-resistance*, while balancing high cost-performance, and is ideal for a broad range of Z series users, including those new to mirrorless cameras as well as professional photographers.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users' needs, contributing to the development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for imaging expression.
- *Thorough dust- and drip-resistance is not guaranteed in all situations or under all conditions.
Primary features of the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- The bright maximum aperture of f/2 and a 9-blade iris diaphragm provide beautiful round-shaped bokeh.
- The 40 mm focal length supports a standard angle of view ideal for shooting portraits, snapshots and other subjects in a wide variety of scenes.
- The focal length becomes 60 mm (equivalent to 35mm  format) when mounted on a DX-format camera.
- A compact and lightweight body with a total length of approximately 45.5 mm and weight of approximately 170 g.
- Minimum focus distance of 0.29 m allows users to get close to their subjects.
- Adoption of an STM (stepping motor) enables quiet, fast and accurate AF control while maintaining a compact body size.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance so that it can be taken anywhere with greater confidence.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Developed with consideration for video recording, offering extremely quiet operation, effective focus-breathing compensation, and stable exposure.
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.