The slimmest AF lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of the NIKKOR Z 26mm f/2.8, a slim wide-angle prime lens compatible with full-frame/FX-format mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted.
With a total length of approximately 23.5 mm and a weight of approximately 125 g, the NIKKOR Z 26mm f/2.8 is the slimmest*1 AF lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras, and the lightest NIKKOR Z lens*2. It can be easily stored in a purse or small bag, enabling users to carry it with them on a daily basis. Adoption of three aspherical lens elements realizes both excellent portability and superior optical performance. Its 26-mm wide-angle focal length and f/2.8 maximum aperture make it an ideal lens for a wide variety of scenes, from cityscapes to tabletop photos, supporting advanced amateur users who take their camera anywhere to capture every shutter opportunity.
Further, the lens features a sophisticated design achieved through various details, such as the adoption of metal components. The supplied lens hood has been specially designed to maintain the thinness of the lens, while also taking operability into consideration. It also supports the attachment of a 52-mm filter (sold separately). A dedicated slip-on lens cap that can be attached to either the lens itself or the lens hood is also supplied.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users' needs, contributing to the development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for imaging expression.
- *1Among full-frame/FX-format AF lenses for mirrorless cameras, available as of February 7, 2023. Statement based on Nikon research.
- *2Among NIKKOR Z lenses available as of February 7, 2023.
- With a total length of approximately 23.5 mm, the lens is the slimmest AF lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras, enabling easy storage in a purse or small bag. A weight of approximately 125 g makes it the lightest NIKKOR Z lens, ideal for carrying everywhere.
- When mounted on a DX-format camera, the focal length becomes 39 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format), similar to the standard angle of view that is ideal for capturing a wide variety of scenes.
- Excellent portability and effective correction are achieved by adopting three aspherical lens elements.
- A minimum focus distance of 0.2 m allows users to get close to their subjects for dynamic photography.
- The fast f/2.8 maximum aperture reduces image blur caused by camera shake, even during hand-held shooting.
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) enables a highly accurate AF drive.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Supplied with a lens hood that has been specially designed with consideration for operability while maintaining the thinness of the lens, which also supports attachment of a 52-mm filter (sold separately).
- A slip-on lens cap that can be attached to either the lens itself or the lens hood is also supplied.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance*, enabling it to be taken anywhere with greater confidence.
- *Thorough dust and drip resistance is not guaranteed in all situations or under all conditions.
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.