Supports the capture of varied subjects with a wide range of focal lengths
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of the NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR, a super-telephoto zoom lens that is compatible with full-frame/FX-format mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted.
The NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR is a super-telephoto zoom lens that offers superior agility and outstanding operability. It supports the capture of powerful, up-close shots of subjects at a distance, such as birds, wildlife, and airplanes. With a minimum focus distance of 1.3 m at the wide-angle position, and a minimum focus distance of 2.4 m at the telephoto position, the lens is also ideal for capturing close-up shots of flowers and insects at the user's feet in-between shots of birds, for example. The broad range of focal lengths allows users to enjoy shooting a wide variety of scenes and subjects all with this single lens. In addition, the NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR offers users excellent support with its lightweight design and vibration reduction (VR) with an effect of 5.5 stops* that enable superior agility, while the adoption of an internal zoom mechanism greatly increases operability.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users' needs, contributing to the development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for imaging expression.
- *Based on CIPA Standard. This value is achieved when attached to a camera with full-frame/FX-format sensor, with the camera's VR function set to "NORMAL", and when zoom is set to the maximum telephoto position.
- Supports coverage for the 180 mm to 600 mm range of focal lengths while weighing just 1,955 g*1.
- A short minimum focus distance of 1.3 m at the maximum wide-angle position enables close-up shots of flowers and insects at the user's feet.
- VR performance equivalent to a 5.5-stop increase in shutter speed effectively reduces blurring in dimly lit surroundings and/or with handheld shooting.
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) ensures fast and quiet autofocusing.
- Adoption of an internal zoom mechanism increases zooming stability and dust-resistant performance.
- Four lens Fn buttons, to which a variety of functions can be assigned, at the front end of the lens barrel support easy operation during handheld shooting.
- Adoption of a lockable lens hood, with a lens hood lock release button, keeps the lens hood securely attached.
- In addition to a design that takes dust- and drip-resistance into account*2, an antifouling fluorine coat has been adopted on the front lens to enable easy removal of dust and dirt.
- Ideal for video recording with a click-less control ring that supports smooth operation and minimizes operation noise, as well as adoption of a design that considers the suppression of focus breathing.
- Maintains superior resolution when using the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x or Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0x to extend the maximum focal length to as much as 840 mm or 1,200 mm, respectively.*3
- Adoption of six ED glass elements effectively compensates chromatic aberration.
- *1Excluding tripod collar ring.
- *2Thorough dust- and drip-resistance is not guaranteed in all situations or under all conditions.
- *3Depending on the subject, ambient lighting conditions, and the focus point selected, the camera may be unable to focus using autofocus or the focus indicator for electronic rangefinding may flicker while a teleconverter is attached.
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.