Seamlessly supporting the workflow of professional photographers with a tethered shooting function for remote still-image and video recording
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of NX Tether Ver.2.0.0, a computer software application that pursues further usability for tethered shooting*1 with a Nikon digital camera, available free of charge.
Ver.2.0.0 adds support for functions that were included with Camera Control Pro 2*2, such as the configuration of a wide variety of camera settings, live view display during remote tethered shooting, and support for video recording. This software helps increase efficiency for solo photographers working unassisted in a studio setting, whether it's shooting hand-held or for commercial products, by enabling the output to be confirmed with the client on a large monitor while proceeding with the shoot. The variety of camera settings that can be configured remotely from the computer has also been increased to provide professional photographers with the powerful support they need for effective still-image and video recording in a wide variety of situations.
In addition, the user interface, designed for maximum ease of use, offers an organized layout of various functions employed with tethered shooting, enabling users to freely adjust the layout of the live view and control displays to better suit their workflow. The simple, yet multifunctional design enables intuitive operation without hesitation, for increased work efficiency.
Nikon will continue to enrich its availability of applications and software to meet the needs of various users, including professional photographers.
- *1The process of connecting a camera to a computer or tablet and confirming images and video in real-time on-screen as they are shot.
- *2New functions and support for new cameras via Camera Control Pro 2 are not planned in the future. Current users of Camera Control Pro 2 are recommended to use NX Tether.
Primary features of NX Tether Ver.2.0.0
- Support provided for still-image and video recording.
- The functions that were available for a charge with Camera Control Pro 2, are now offered for free.
- Addition of a live view display, required for remote tethered shooting from a computer. The application also features a full-frame live view display option that allows photographers and clients to check that the desired results are being achieved, on a large monitor, even when they are away from a computer.
- Camera operation functions for control over shooting settings unique to Nikon, such as Picture Control and Active D-Lighting, are also available.
- Users can select the format (JPEG, RAW, HEIF) in which images are recorded. What's more, when recording RAW + JPEG or HEIF, the user can choose to have only the JPEG or HEIF images transferred to the computer.
- Wireless control is also possible by utilizing the camera's built-in Wi-Fi to connect to the computer with Nikon's free Wireless Transmitter Utility software. (Supported cameras: Z 9, Z 8)
- Supports an efficient workflow with the switch between still-image and video recording and a multifunctional yet simple and easy-to-use user interface.
- The application window layout can be arranged to suit each user's preferences and workflow, providing flexible operation in any situation.
Microsoft Windows 11
Microsoft Windows 10
macOS Sonoma 14
macOS Ventura 13
macOS Monterey 12
Cameras supported with Ver.2.0.0*
Digital SLR Cameras: D6, D780
Mirrorless Cameras: Z 9, Z 8, Z 7II, Z 6II, Z 7, Z 6
- *Only some basic tethered shooting functions are available when using the following cameras: Z f, Z 5, Z fc, Z 50, Z 30
- Product, brand, and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.