Nikon Introduces New SPORTER EX Binoculars
September 24, 2008
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to present the new SPORTER EX roof binoculars, which combine superb optical quality and durability.
The O-ring seals and nitrogen gas in the slim body make these binoculars waterproof and fog-free. Rubber coating assures secure grip even in wet conditions. The SPORTER EX binoculars provide outstanding performance for outdoor activities.
- Waterproof (up to 1 m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas
- High-eyepoint design for clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Multilayer coated lenses for brighter images
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Lead- and arsenic-free eco-glass optics are used for all lenses and prisms
Nikon SPORTER EX Binoculars Specifications
|SPORTER EX 8x42||SPORTER EX 10x50|
|Objective diameter||42 mm||50 mm|
|Angular field of view (real)||7.0°||5.6°|
|Angular field of view
|Field of view at 1,000 m||122 m||98 m|
|Exit pupil||5.3 mm||5.0 mm|
|Eye relief||19.7 mm||19.6 mm|
|Close focusing distance||5.0 m||5.0 m|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment||56-72 mm||56-72 mm|
|Length||154 mm||187 mm|
|Width||131 mm||139 mm|
|Weight||670 g||825 g|
- *Nikon has adopted a calculation method based on ISO 14132-1:2002.
tan ω′ = τ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω′
Real field of view: 2ω
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.