Notice Concerning Change in the Number of Shares Per Unit and Partial Amendment of the Articles of Incorporation
May 22, 2009
NIKON CORPORATION hereby announces that its Board of Directors, at a meeting held on May 22, 2009, has resolved to change the number of shares per unit and partially amend its Articles of Incorporation in accordance with Article 195, Paragraph 1, of the Companies Act, as follows.
1. Change in the number of shares per unit
- 1.Reason for change
To incite the participation of a wider range of investors while increasing liquidity on stock markets
- 2.Description of change
From 1,000 shares per unit to 100 shares per unit
- 3.Effective Date
Thursday, October 1, 2009
2. Partial amendment of the Articles of Incorporation
- 1.Reason for amendment
To correspond to the aforementioned change in the number of shares per unit
- 2.Description of amendment
The "1,000 shares" stipulated as the number of shares per unit provided in Article 9, Paragraph 1 of the current Articles of Incorporation shall be changed to "100 shares" on October 1, 2009.
- (Note) Article 9, Paragraph 1 of the current Articles of Incorporation shall become Article 8 of same upon the approval of the proposal for the partial amendment of the Articles of Incorporation to be placed on the agenda of the 145th Annual General Shareholders' Meeting to be held on June 26, 2009.
- (Reference) On October 1, 2009, the trading unit on the Tokyo Stock Exchange shall also be changed from 1,000 shares to 100 shares.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.