AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR
AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED
August 17, 2016
AF-P lenses with fast and quiet autofocusing through the adoption of a stepping motor
Telephoto zoom lenses compatible with the Nikon DX format
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED, two telephoto zoom lenses compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED are 4.3x telephoto zoom lenses covering the 70-300mm range of focal lengths (effective angles of view equivalent to those of a lens with 105-450mm focal lengths in FX and 35mm  formats) and maximum apertures of f/4.5-6.3.
These AF-P lenses*1, for which a stepping motor has been adopted to drive autofocus, ensure fast and quiet AF. The benefits of smooth and quiet AF are also demonstrated with movie recording. These lenses were also designed to be compact and lightweight, making them extremely portable, despite the fact that they are telephoto zoom lenses.
An ED lens element has been adopted for suppression of all types of aberration to achieve excellent optical performance. What's more, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR is equipped with a Vibration Reduction (VR) function that offers image-stabilization compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop*2 increase in shutter speed (measured in accordance with CIPA standards).
These easy-to-use telephoto zoom lenses, which offer both superior AF performance and excellent portability, are the perfect lenses for those looking to expand photographic possibilities and their own skills with a digital SLR camera.
- AF-P lenses that achieve fast and quiet AF with adoption of a stepping motor for AF drive operation
- Compact and lightweight, 4.3x telephoto zoom lenses that support the 70-300mm (angle of view equivalent to that of a lens with focal lengths of 105-450mm in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths and maximum apertures of f/4.5-6.3 compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras
- Adoption of an ED lens element achieves excellent optical performance in which various types of aberration are effectively suppressed
- Equipped with a VR function offering image-stabilization compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop*2 increase in shutter speed with measurement according to CIPA standards (AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR only)
- *1Because AF-P lenses incorporate a stepping motor, the number of compatible cameras is limited. Even for compatible cameras, firmware update may be required.
- *2Measured in accordance with CIPA standards using a DX-format digital SLR camera. Measured at the maximum telephoto position.
- *Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacture.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.