Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 for the Nikon Z mount system
November 18, 2021
The smallest and lightest NIKKOR Z prime lens, ideal for casual everyday shooting
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8, a compact and lightweight prime lens compatible with full-frame (Nikon FX-format) mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted.
The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 is the smallest and lightest* among NIKKOR Z prime lenses, with a total length of approximately 43 mm and a weight of roughly 155 g, achieving superior portability. The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 is perfect not only for snapshots taking advantage of the 28 mm wide angle of view, but also close-up photography utilizing its minimum focus distance of 0.19 m. As a fast, wide-angle lens that can be carried around easily, it is ideal for everyday snapshots including landscapes, cityscapes, and still photography. Furthermore, its high cost-performance makes it an ideal choice for a broad range of Z series users, from amateur photographers to professional photographers.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users' needs, contributing to the development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for imaging expression.
- *Among NIKKOR Z prime lenses for mirrorless cameras with interchangeable lenses, available as of November 18, 2021.
- The smallest and lightest body among NIKKOR Z prime lenses, with a length of approx. 43 mm and weight of approx. 155 g.
- The fast f/2.8 maximum aperture reduces the effects of camera shake, even during hand-held shooting.
- The focal length becomes 42 mm (equivalent to 35mm  format) when mounted on a DX-format camera.
- A minimum focus distance of 0.19 m allows users to get close to their subjects for dynamic photography.
- Adoption of a multi-focusing system*1 realizes natural rendering across the entire shooting range, as well as fast and accurate AF control, while maintaining a smaller body size.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance*2 so that it can be taken anywhere with greater confidence.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Developed with consideration for video recording with extremely quiet operation, effective focus-breathing compensation, and stable exposure.
- *1Multiple AF drive units work together to control the position of multiple focus lens groups with great precision.
- *2Thorough dust- and drip-resistance is not guaranteed in all situations or under all conditions.
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
For more information
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.