1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2
May 14, 2013
A fast, mid-telephoto, fixed focal length lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.2, high-performance Nikon 1 lens that offers both superior resolution and large, smooth blur characteristics
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the 1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2, a new lens that will expand the lineup of 1 NIKKOR lenses for Nikon 1, Advanced Camera with Interchangeable Lenses. Development of this product was announced on October 24, 2012.
The 1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2, with its fixed focal length of 32mm (picture angle equivalent to that of an 86mm fixed focal length lens in 35mm  format), is a fast, mid-telephoto, fixed focal length lens that offers a maximum aperture of f/1.2, the fastest in the 1 NIKKOR series. It enables excellent resolution with extremely precise rendering of fine textures, such as those of hair and around the eyes including individual eyelashes, as well as blur characteristics that achieve smooth edges around the primary subject and large, beautifully round blur in the background and foreground. The lens expands users' creative expression with rendering of blur and textures similar to that expected of an SLR camera for portraits, snapshots, and landscapes in which the primary subject is clearly emphasized with blurring of the background.
It is the first 1 NIKKOR to utilizes Nano Crystal Coat for effective reduction of ghost and flare . In addition, the lens is equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) that utilizes the close-range correction system for focus drive for superior rendering with high-resolution, realistic textures, and very little aberration, even with close-up shooting. This lens is also the first 1 NIKKOR lens to be equipped with a number of features and functions, including M/A (autofocus with manual override) mode, which enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring for intuitive fine adjustment of focus while autofocus is operating. The lens is available in black and silver. Special attention was paid to its design, which has an elegant look and feel that can be attributed to its fine metal finish, and offers a firm and natural hold with shooting.
1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2 Primary Features
- A fast, mid-telephoto fixed focal length lens compatible with the CX format offering a focal length of 32mm (picture angle equivalent to that of an 86mm fixed focal length lens in 35mm  format), and a maximum aperture of f/1.2, the fastest in the 1 NIKKOR series. Users can enjoy the unique expression possible with superior resolution and smooth, natural blur characteristics.
- Utilizes Nano Crystal Coat. This effectively reduces the flare and ghost that often occurs with shooting in backlit situations.
- The first 1 NIKKOR lens to be equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) utilizing the close-range correction system for focus drive for superior rendering with high-resolution, realistic textures, and very little aberration, even with close-up shooting.
- The first 1 NIKKOR lens equipped with M/A (autofocus with manual override) mode, which enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring for intuitive fine adjustment of focus while autofocus is operating. This enables smooth recording of movies.
- Quieter shooting with reduction of AF drive sound.
- Designed with a fine metal finish for an elegant look and appearance and better hold when mounted on a camera.
- Available in black or silver for better coordination with camera colors.
The current 1 NIKKOR lineup consists of eight lenses; the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 3x normal zoom lens; the 1 NIKKOR VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 compact telephoto zoom lens; the 1 NIKKOR 10mm f/2.8 slim wide-angle fixed focal length lens; the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens equipped with a power drive mechanism and recommended for movie recording; the 1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 2.5x normal zoom lens; the 1 NIKKOR 18.5mm f/1.8 fixed focal length lens with fast maximum aperture; the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6 10x zoom lens; and the 1 NIKKOR VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 ultra wide-angle zoom lens with a 100° angle of view. The addition of this new 1 NIKKOR 35mm f/1.2 lens brings the total 1 NIKKOR lineup to nine lenses.
Nikon will continue to expand the 1 NIKKOR lineup with lenses that make the most of the capabilities and performance offered by Nikon 1, Advanced Cameras with Interchangeable Lenses, which propose new forms of imaging expression.
The 80th Anniversary of the NIKKOR lens
NIKKOR is Nikon's brand of photographic lenses. This year, the NIKKOR camera lens celebrates its 80th anniversary since the first lens was introduced in 1933. The NIKKOR name arose from adding "r"—a common practice in the naming of photographic lenses at the time the name was established—to "Nikko", the Romanized abbreviation for Nippon Kogaku K.K., the original name used when the company was established.
Since the release of the first NIKKOR lens, Nikon has continued its long tradition of developing and incorporating cutting-edge technologies into its lenses. The OP Fisheye-Nikkor 10mm f/5.6 fisheye lens for SLR cameras, released in 1968, was the world's first lens to incorporate aspherical lens elements, and Nano Crystal Coat, originally developed for IC steppers and scanners, virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a broad range of wavelengths.
Nikon's own high-quality standards are applied to all stages from initial design and development to final product release for design that responds to user needs, and production system and inspections that ensure the superior quality of NIKKOR lenses.
In October 2011, the first 1 NIKKOR interchangeable lens for Nikon 1 cameras was released. The new 1 NIKKOR mount continues over half a century of Nikon's tradition of excellence with the development of interchangeable lenses that began with the Nikon F mount.
Nikon's lineup of lenses for cameras with interchangeable lenses currently consists of more than 80 types of lenses, including fisheye lenses, ultra wide-angle to super-telephoto lenses, zoom lenses, Micro lenses, and PC-E lenses for SLR cameras, as well as 1 NIKKOR lenses for advanced cameras with interchangeable lenses. Nikon will continue to develop and release high-quality products that appeal to users the world over.
- *Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacture.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.