Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 for the Nikon Z mount system
December 14, 2021
Supports a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 in a compact, lightweight, and cost-effective body
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of the NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8, a standard zoom lens compatible with full-frame (Nikon FX-format) mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted.
The NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 is a versatile, standard zoom lens that covers from wide-angle 28 mm to mid-telephoto 75 mm with the maximum aperture fixed at a fast f/2.8. While the maximum aperture is f/2.8 throughout the zoom range, it has a light weight of approx. 565 g and features a compact, lightweight body that achieves high portability, allowing easy carrying in a bag.
It is possible to create images featuring the large, natural bokeh that is unique to the fast f/2.8 maximum aperture, as well as high-quality images even under low-light conditions. This lens effectively covers a wide range of scenes from daily snapshots to portraits and landscapes. It enables a variety of expression with in still photography and video, allowing users to enjoy both soft and sharp rendering by adjusting the aperture value.
This lens's price point is more approachable compared to the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S. Furthermore, with its compact, lightweight body, the lens supports new expressions by photographers who want to expand their range of creativity with the fast f/2.8 maximum aperture while providing a great option for professionals and high amateur users.
Nikon will continue to pursue new dimensions in optical performance while meeting users' needs, contributing to the ongoing development of imaging culture with the hope of further expanding the possibilities for imaging expression.
- The maximum aperture fixed at f/2.8 maintains the same exposure throughout the zoom range.
- Covers focal lengths from 28 mm to 75 mm while supporting a wide range of shooting scenes and subjects from landscape to portraits.
- The compact, lightweight body with a total length at 120.5 mm and weight of approx. 565 g provides great portability.
- The minimum focus distance of 0.19 m at the wide-angle end enables capture of dynamic shots from close proximity.
- Stable resolution throughout the entire zoom range.
- Lens design supporting video recording, with reduced shift in angle of view when adjusting focus (focus breathing) and stable exposure control.
- Incorporates a control ring, to which settings such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned, and which realizes quiet, smooth operation.
- Adoption of an STM (stepping motor) for quiet operation and rapid response delivers comfortable AF drive for both stills and video.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm realizing precise aperture control is installed.
- Dust- and drip-resistant* design and antifouling coating on the frontmost lens surface.
- *Thorough dust- and drip-resistance is not guaranteed in all situations or under all conditions.
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.