Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of four new PROSTAFF 5 binoculars: the 8x42, 10x42, 10x50 and 12x50.
These new models — even more user-friendly than the existing PROSTAFF 7 range — are perfect for people who are using fully waterproof binoculars for the first time for nature observation and other outdoor activities.
All four offer a bright field of view. Nikon particularly designed the two 50mm models of the series for users who put priority on a brighter field of view as they often observe their subjects in darker conditions.
- Multilayer-coated lenses for bright images
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Lightweight body uses fibreglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin
- Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are used for all lenses and prisms
Swipe horizontally to view full table.
|PROSTAFF 5 8x42||PROSTAFF 5 10x42||PROSTAFF 5 10x50||PROSTAFF 5 12x50|
|Objective diameter (mm)||42||42||50||50|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||6.3||5.6||5.6||4.7|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)||47.5||52.1||52.1||52.4|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||110||98||98||82|
|Exit pupil (mm)||5.3||4.2||5.0||4.2|
|Eye relief (mm)||(begin delete)
|Close focusing distance (m)||5.0||5.0||5.0||5.0|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment (mm)||56-72||56-72||56-72||56-72|
|Weight (g)||(begin delete)
- (Revised on August 20, 2013)
- Note: Apparent field of view is calculated based on the ISO14132-1:2002 standard.
tan ω' = Γ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω', Real field of view: 2ω, Magnification: Γ
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.