Nikon Introduces MONARCH 7 8x30/10x30 Binoculars
August 19, 2013
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of its MONARCH 7 binoculars 8x30 and 10x30. These new models complement the existing MONARCH 7 8x42 and 10x42 binoculars.
Integrating two values that Nikon has consistently pursued, namely, technical perfection and practical utility, the MONARCH 7 8x42 and 10x42 made their sensational debut last year. The new MONARCH 7 8x30 and 10x30 models now join this series, upholding that same level of incomparable optical performance. Brighter images and natural colours are realised by Nikon's optical technologies such as ED glass (extra-low dispersion glass), dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating and phase-correction-coated roof prisms.
Built small and compact, these amazing binoculars are suited for those who seek high-performance products, and also for birdwatching enthusiasts who demand high performance in a compact body.
- Sophisticatedly compact design
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for chromatic aberration compensation and clearer viewing
- Wide apparent field of view (60.3 for 8x30, 60.7 for 10x30)
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating ensures superior transmittance uniformity across the visible range resulting in brighter images and more natural colours
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for bright images
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are used for all lenses and prisms
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Lightweight body uses fibreglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Flip-down objective lens cap
Swipe horizontally to view full table.
|MONARCH 7 8x30||MONARCH 7 10x30|
|Objective diameter (mm)||30||30|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||8.3||6.7|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)||60.3||60.7|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||145||117|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.8||3.0|
|Eye relief (mm)||15.1||15.8|
|Close focusing distance (m)||2.0||2.0|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment (mm)||56-72||56-72|
- Note:Apparent field of view is calculated based on the ISO14132-1:2002 standard.
tan ω' = Γ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω', Real field of view: 2ω, Magnification: Γ
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.