AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED
January 29, 2008
New Micro NIKKOR lens for close-up and general photography
Tokyo – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens featuring a built-in Silent Wave Motor.
This new Micro lens allows photographers to shoot 1:1 life-size close-ups without the need for additional accessories. To ensure superior picture quality at all subject distances from macro to infinity, a host of state-of-the-art, Nikon original optical features and technologies are incorporated. Internal Focusing (IF) design allows faster, smoother autofocusing. Two aspherical lenses are employed to correct spherical aberration and coma. The incorporation of a Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat dramatically reduces ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections. An additional ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration to deliver higher resolution, high-contrast images. All of these factors contribute to the extremely accurate image reproduction capability of the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED.
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) built into the lens body ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation and contributes to the compact, lightweight design. Focus modes include M/A (Manual-priority Auto) to enable rapid switching between autofocus and manual focusing with virtually no time lag, even when the lens is in the process of focusing.
The rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening creates a substantially more natural appearance of out-of-focus background objects.
- Note:Specifications, design, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED Major Features
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation
- Internal Focusing (IF) design allows faster, smoother autofocusing and eliminates changes in lens barrel length, for consistent handling
- Two aspherical elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even at the widest aperture
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual focusing
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element for superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration
- Nano Crystal Coat and high-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating delivers superior color reproduction, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Closest focus distance of approximately 0.185 m (0.6 ft.)
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus objects appear more natural
- Accepts 62 mm filter attachments
AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED Specifications
|Focal length||60 mm|
|Lens construction||12 elements in 9 groups (with one ED glass lens, two aspherical lenses, one with Nano Crystal Coat)|
|Picture angle||39°40’ (26°30’ with Nikon DX format)|
|Closest focus distance||0.185 m/0.6 ft. (life-size)|
|Minimum reproduction ratio||1.0x (life-size)|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded)|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approx. 73 x 89 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 425 g/15.0 oz.|
|Supplied accessories||62mm snap-on front lens cap LC-62, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-42, Flexible lens pouch CL-1018|
|Optional accessories||62mm screw-in filters, including circular polarizing filter|
- *Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. January 2008
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.