AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
April 14, 2009
Nikon DX-format, ultra wide-angle 2.4x 10 to 24mm zoom lens
TOKYO –Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED lens with built-in Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras. Compact and lightweight, this ultra wide-angle 2.4x zoom DX NIKKOR features a focal length range of 10 to 24mm, whose picture angle of 109°-61° is equivalent to a focal length of 15 to 36mm in FX- and 35mm format cameras.
This lens is suitable for diverse scenes from restrictive interiors, architecture and panoramic landscapes to a creatively exaggerated perspective. The newly developed optical system features two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements for truly outstanding optical quality, producing stunning images. The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) incorporated in the lens body offers fast, smooth and nearly silent AF operation, providing photographers with outstanding handling performance.
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED, with its ultra wide-angle perspective and superior image quality, gives users of Nikon DX-format digital SLRs — including the D300, D90, D60, D40 and the new D5000 — more opportunities for creative photographic expression.
- Note: Although DX NIKKOR lenses can be attached to 35mm format and IX 240 format film cameras, the smaller image circle they project to the film plane prohibits compatibility with these cameras. When this (or any DX NIKKOR) lens is mounted on a Nikon FX-format digital SLR, with the Image Area option set to Auto DX crop (default), the camera recognizes that a DX NIKKOR lens is in use and the DX crop mode is selected automatically.
AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Major Features
- DX-format, ultra wide-angle 2.4x zoom lens with focal length ranging from 10 to 24mm (picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 15 to 36mm in FX- and 35mm formats)
- Newly developed optical system features two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements
- Superior reproduction capability, with the distortion that is common with ultra wide-angle lenses dramatically reduced
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
- Two focus modes available – M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Seven-blade rounded diaphragm for natural blur effects
- Internal focusing (IF) system means the lens barrel length does not change during focusing
AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Specifications
|Lens construction||14 elements in 9 groups (with two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements)|
|Closest focusing distance||0.24 m/0.8 ft. in AF mode, 0.22 m/0.7 ft. in MF mode|
|No. of diaphragm blades||7 (rounded)|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approximately 82.5 x 87 mm/3.25 x 3.43 in.|
|Weight||Approximately 460 g/16.2 oz.|
|Supplied accessories||77mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Bayonet Hood HB-23, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1118|
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.