AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II and AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III
December 10, 2009
A fast telephoto lens offering built-in Vibration Reduction (VR II), and the world's first telephoto converter to utilize an aspherical lens element, extending focal length by 2x, both compatible with the FX format
TOKYO — Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of two new lens products, compatible with the FX format. The fast telephoto AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II lens is equipped with vibration reduction (VR II) that reduces the effects of camera shake equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops. The AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III, is the world's first teleconverter* to utilize an aspherical lens element.
Nikon's development of the FX-format D3-series and D700 digital-SLR cameras has received tremendous support from professional and advanced amateur photographers. Nikon is expanding NIKKOR lens and accessory lineups by releasing new, high-performance products compatible with the FX format, allowing us to cater to the more advanced demands of users.
- *As of December 10, 2009 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation).
AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II primary features
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately 4 stops
- The addition of A/M (autofocus with manual override; AF priority) focus mode prevents accidental switching from autofocus to manual focus. Along with M/A (autofocus with manual override; manual priority) mode, which enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while autofocus is operating and M (manual) mode, this makes for a total of three focus modes.
- The lens optics and Nano Crystal Coat so well received with previous lenses have been adopted without modification
AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II primary specifications
|Lens construction||11 elements in 8 groups (3 ED glass elements, Nano Crystal Coat)
1 protective glass element
|Angle of view||8°10’ (5°20’ with Nikon DX format)|
|Closest focusing distance||Autofocus: 2.3 m
Manual focus: 2.2 m
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded)|
|Focusing||Autofocus utilizing an internal Silent Wave Motor Manual focus possible|
|Filter/attachment size||52 mm|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approximately 124 (dia.) x 267.5 mm (extension from the camera's lens-mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 2,900 g|
|Supplied accessories||Slip-on front lens cap, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Lens Hood HK-30, Semi-soft Case CL-L1, Dedicated filter holder, 52mm Screw-on NC Filter, Strap LN-1|
AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III primary features
- An FX-format compatible teleconverter that extends the focal length of the primary lens by 2X*
- The world's first teleconverter to utilize an aspherical lens element
- A new optical design that offers superior contrast and resolution
- Utilization of an aspherical lens element enabled a more compact and lightweight teleconverter
- *Using this teleconverter with a lens decreases the effective aperture by two stops.
AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III primary specifications
|Reproduction ratio||2X that of the primary lens|
|Lens construction||7 elements in 5 groups (1 aspherical lens element)|
|Dimensions||Approximately 66 (dia.) X 48 mm (extension from the camera's lens-mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 330 g|
|Supplied accessories||Teleconverter Cap BF-3A, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-0715|
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.