Nikon Introduces New PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope Series
January 31, 2012
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of its PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscopes 82, 82-A, 60 and 60-A—new Fieldscope models added to the existing Nikon Sport Optics PROSTAFF series.
PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscopes feature stylish designs with compact, slim and lightweight bodies. Three newly designed SEP series eyepieces are available as options. Digiscoping is also possible with an FSB series bracket, which can be attached to the eyepiece. With a long eye relief offering ease of use for spectacle wearers and newly developed optics minimizing chromatic aberration, the PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscopes have been developed for a variety of pursuits, including birdwatching and other such outdoor activities. These Fieldscopes come highly recommended to birdwatching beginners and users considering a second fieldscope.
PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope Key Features
- Brighter viewing in a sleek design
- Compact, lightweight and smooth ergonomic design
- Large objective lens for a brighter field of view
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for brighter images
- Chromatic aberration at the peripheries of the view field is minimized
- Waterproof (up to 1 m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Bayonet-type eyepiece mount with locking system enables quicker, more secure eyepiece connections
- Three eyepieces exclusively for PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscopes are available as options: compatible with digital camera bracket, FSB series
- Built-in sliding hood
PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope Specifications
|PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope 82||PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope 82-A||PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope 60||PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope 60-A|
|Objective diameter (mm)||82||82||60||60|
|Close focusing distance (m)||6.1||6.1||4||4|
|Height × Width (mm)*||115 × 95||113 × 95||115 × 85||113 × 85|
- *Body only
SEP Series Fieldscope Eyepiece Key Features
- Fully multilayer-coated
- Long eye relief design for viewing comfort with spectacles
- Practical for both observation and digiscoping
- Bayonet mount with lock for easy attachment and release
- Water-resistant when attached to Fieldscope body
SEP Series Fieldscope Eyepiece Specifications
|Real field of view (degree)||2.2||2.8||1.8||2.3||2.1*2||2.6*2|
|Apparent field of view (degree)*1||51.3||51.3||62.1||62.1||39.9*2||39.9*2|
|Field of view at 1,000 m (m)||38||48||31||40||36*2||45*2|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.3||3||2.2||2||4.1*2||3.8*2|
|Eye relief (mm)||17.6||17.6||19||19||16.9*2||16.9*2|
- *1Nikon has adopted a calculation method based on ISO 14132-1:2002.
For more information, click on the following link.
- *2At the lowest magnification
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.