AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR
AF-S TELECONVERTER TC800-1.25E ED
January 29, 2013
AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR compatible with the Nikon FX format and offering a maximum aperture of f/5.6
Focal length can be increased up to 1000 mm when the supplied teleconverter is used
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR compatible with the Nikon FX format, and the dedicated AF-S TELECONVERTER TC800-1.25E ED.
The AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR offers the longest focal length of 800 mm in the history of NIKKOR autofocus (AF) lenses, as well as a maximum aperture of f/5.6. Adoption of two fluorite and two ED lens elements has resulted in excellent rendering with effective reduction of chromatic aberration, superior resolution, and high contrast. In addition, Nano Crystal Coat makes for clear, consistent rendering with incredible ghost and flare suppression. When the teleconverter is used with this super-telephoto lens, the electromagnetic aperture enables stable exposure (AE) with high-speed continuous shooting. The lens is also equipped with a vibration reduction (VR) mechanism offering performance equal to an increase in shutter speed of 4.0 steps*. This new lens enables certain capture of the perfect moment for professional sports and press photographers, as well as advanced amateurs who enjoy photographing birds and wildlife.
The dedicated 1.25x AF-S TELECONVERTER TC800-1.25E ED is supplied with the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR. Together, a focal length of 1000 mm is achieved, making it the perfect combination for recording the dynamic movement or expressions of athletes from distances. What's more, the AF-S TELECONVERTER TC800-1.25E ED is Nikon's first teleconverter to be constructed with an ED lens element. It is designed specifically for use with the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR to ensure the same level of performance available when the lens is used alone for incredibly sharp images.
With the expansion of our lineup of digital-SLR cameras, Nikon continues to develop high-performance NIKKOR lenses that make the most of the superior resolution and image quality offered by these cameras. Nikon will continue to develop and release products offering superior performance and functionality based on the optical technologies it has cultivated over its long history, and to respond to the expectations of professional sports and press photographers.
AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR primary features
- An FX-format compatible AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR with the longest focal length in the history of NIKKOR autofocus lenses.
- Constructed of two fluorite lens elements. The lens is equipped with two fluorite lens elements used in IC steppers and scanners that require extreme precision. The superior transmissivity from the infrared to ultra-violet range demonstrates superior chromatic aberration compensation throughout the visible range.
- Equipped with two ED lens elements for sharp rendering and superior optical performance.
- Nano Crystal Coat effectively prevents the internal reflections that cause ghost and flare.
- When the teleconverter is used with this super-telephoto lens, the electromagnetic aperture built into the lens enables stable exposure control with high-speed continuous shooting.
- Equipped with a vibration reduction (VR) mechanism offering performance equal to an increase in shutter speed of approximately 4.0 steps*.
- A lightweight yet durable super-telephoto lens with the adoption of fluorite lens elements, which helps to reduce the weight of the lens significantly, and a magnesium alloy, which ensures strength and durability.
AF-S TELECONVERTER TC800-1.25E ED primary features
- Designed exclusively for use with the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR. This teleconverter has been designed to produce images exhibiting the same rendering performance as the primary lens.
- When used with the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR, focal length is increased by 1.25x for a focal length of 1000 mm (combined maximum aperture of f/7.1).
- The first teleconverter equipped with an ED lens element.
- *Measured according to CIPA standards.
- *Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacture.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.