Nikon Introduces PROSTAFF 7S Binoculars
May 1, 2014
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of its PROSTAFF 7S binoculars, featuring 8x30, 10x30, 8x42 and 10x42 models. The 8x42 and 10x42 models have been fully redesigned and are even more advanced than the PROSTAFF 7 binoculars which have gained a high reputation since their debut in 2011, while the 8x30 and 10x30 models further extend this brand lineup.
These new binoculars attain a stylish exterior to enhance their fashionability, the grip is designed for more comfortable holding, and attention has been paid to details such as the knurling on the focusing ring to realise user-friendly operation.
The optical structure was newly created exclusively for these binoculars to deliver a sharper image. In addition to standard-sized bright 42mm-diameter models, 30mm-diameter models that are easy to carry for everyone are available, providing high optical performance in a compact body.
All PROSTAFF 7S binoculars feature a nitrogen-gas-filled waterproof structure so that they can be used for a wide variety of purposes, such as birdwatching, nature watching and other outdoor activities, without being affected by the weather.
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for bright images
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- High-reflection mirror-coated prisms for bright images
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are used for all lenses and prisms
|PROSTAFF 7S 8x30||PROSTAFF 7S 10x30||PROSTAFF 7S 8x42||PROSTAFF 7S 10x42|
|Objective diameter (mm)||30||30||42||42|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||6.5||6.0||6.8||6.2|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)||48.9||55.3||50.8||56.9|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||114||105||119||108|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.8||3.0||5.3||4.2|
|Eye relief (mm)||15.4||15.4||19.5||15.5|
|Close focusing distance (m)||2.5||2.5||4.0||4.0|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment (mm)||56-72||56-72||56-72||56-72|
- Note:Apparent field of view is calculated based on the ISO14132-1:2002 standard.
tan ω' = Γ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω', Real field of view: 2ω, Magnification: Γ
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.