Nikon Introduces PROSTAFF 3S Binoculars
March 4, 2016
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of the PROSTAFF 3S binoculars, featuring 8x42 and 10x42 models.
These products are the latest additions to Nikon's PROSTAFF series which consists of waterproof, roof (Dach) binocular models.
The new PROSTAFF 3S binoculars feature a 42mm-diameter objective lens — yet they are noticeably lightweight, with compact bodies, assuring superb portability. In addition, the large field of view allows the user to capture the subject easily, making these models particularly appealing to novices.
Other features include prisms with high-reflectivity silver-alloy mirror coating and multilayer-coated lenses that both realise bright and clear viewing. The long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view without vignetting, even for eyeglass wearers. Also, turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click are provided to make it easy to position the user's eyes at the appropriate eyepoint.
Nikon's new PROSTAFF 3S binoculars are waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas, making them the ideal binoculars to use for those who like hiking, birdwatching, attending sports events and other outdoor activities.
- Compact and lightweight 42mm-objective lens diameter model for superior portability (565g for 8x42, 575g for 10x42)
- Wide apparent field of view (53.4° for 8x42, 62.9° for 10x42)
- High-reflectivity silver-alloy mirror coating applied on the mirror surfaces of the prisms for a bright and clear view
- Multilayer-coated lenses for bright images
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Lead- and arsenic-free glass is used for all lenses and prisms
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Lightweight body uses fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin
|PROSTAFF 3S 8x42||PROSTAFF 3S 10x42|
|Objective diameter (mm)||42||42|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||7.2||7.0|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)||53.4||62.9|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||126||122|
|Field of view at 1,000yd. (ft.)||377||367|
|Exit pupil (mm)||5.3||4.2|
|Eye relief (mm)||20.2||15.7|
|Close focusing distance (m/ft.)||3/9.8||3/9.8|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment (mm)||56-72||56-72|
- Note:Apparent field of view is calculated based on the ISO14132-1:2002 standard.
tan ω' = Γ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω', Real field of view: 2ω, Magnification: Γ
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.