Nikon Introduces the PROSTAFF 3 Fieldscope – Lightweight and Compact for Easy Birdwatching
February 5, 2013
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of the PROSTAFF 3, a lightweight and compact Fieldscope with an excellent portable design that facilitates relaxed, easy and agile birdwatching.
The PROSTAFF 3's predecessor is the Spotter XL II, a popular entry-model Fieldscope for nature observation activities such as birdwatching. The PROSTAFF 3 Fieldscope has the same bright and clear field of view of the earlier model, while its lightweight design further enhances usability. Its airtight, waterproof structure and shock-resistant rubber armoring ensure superbly reliable durability even under severe conditions.
The PROSTAFF 3 Fieldscope comes with a compact tripod and carrying case included, making it an even more convenient entry model for easy nature watching.
- Compact, lightweight and sleek design
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for brighter images
- 16-48x zoom eyepiece integrated
- Long eye relief (19mm at 16x)
- Rubber armoring
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Comes with a compact tripod and a carrying case
|PROSTAFF 3 Fieldscope|
|Objective diameter (mm)||60|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||2.3*|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)**||35.6*|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||40*|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.8*|
|Eye relief (mm)||19.0*|
|Close focusing distance (m)||10.0|
|Length x Width (mm)||313 x 74|
- *When minimum magnification (16x) is selected.
- **The apparent field of view is calculated from the following formula based on ISO14132-1:2002
tan ω' = Γ x tan ω (Apparent field of view: 2ω', Magnification: Γ, Real field of view: 2ω)
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.